Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Cocked, Locked, and Ready to Rock by [Reviews - 9]


Would you like to submit a review?

This was inspired by the random phrase from a writing prompt generator, "cocked, locked, and ready to rock", which I also used as the title. A bit of random fluff and amusing images, but one that I found wonderfully enjoyable to write. Please enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cocked, Locked, and Ready to Rock

The atmosphere back here is thick and filled with a glorious sort of tension. Everyone is on edge, and whenever I meet someone else’s eyes they either give me a smile or a wink. Everyone knows who I am, but I am still completely confused as to who everyone is.

I know that they’re all important, but I don’t meet with these people every day. He does. At the thought of him, my eyes scan the room, trying to find him, and, suddenly, there he is in my line of sight. The crowd is parted around him and it’s as though he were an island unto himself. Of course, he would love my description of him in that way. Solidarity has always been something that he prides himself on, but things are a bit different now.

Especially now.

He’s no longer a part of the world that he knew, but the world he is a part of now suits him wonderfully, as though it were made for him.

I have to admit that I’ve never seen him like this…but it’s hot. He’s wearing black jeans, a steel-gray v neck t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. His boots are dragonhide leather, and his left foot is propped up on his opposite knee.

His hair has been trimmed and highlighted to a light brown and it does wonders for his complexion and approachability.

A dark wood electric guitar is perched across his lap and a smirk is spread across his lips. He gives me a look; he knows I’m watching him. He slides his fingers around the neck of his guitar, caressing the strings. He knows I’m fascinated by his hands and is taking shameless advantage of that fact.

Then his head moves to the side as Fred calls him.

“We’re ready for you, Severus. The crowd’s getting a bit wild out there.”

He then looks at me. "And we can't have Hermione being the only one to get your undivided attention."

At that, Fred gives us both a devilish grin and then motions towards Severus once more, somewhat impatiently. “C’mon.”

At Fred’s eager invitation, my lover stands and slides the guitar strap over his shoulder, tossing me his own devilish smile.

“See you after the show,” he drawls, and my heart skips slightly at the way his low tones wrap around the syllables of those words so enticingly.

My heart skips another beat as I watch him turn and my breath catches in my throat at the sight of his backside in those jeans. I ignore it and smile to myself as I hear a sudden crescendo in the crowd outside as soon as Severus leaves my sight. My smile turns to a full-fledged ridiculous grin as I hear the first opening chords and the sound of his voice.

That’s my man…my husband, the rockstar.






Cocked, Locked, and Ready to Rock by [Reviews - 9]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved