Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Tylwyth Teg by shuldham [Reviews - 24]


Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. In other words, I don’t own J.K.R.’s characters. Please don’t sue me. I’m not worth it anyway. Once I’m done I’ll buy them a good bottle of red and put them back where I found them.




A/N
This is some fluffy nonsense that mugged me. It is not canon as Snape isn’t dead.
My thanks, as always, to my wonderful beta mtnwmgirl.




TYLWYTH TEG.

‘Please?’

‘No.’

‘Please?’

‘No.’

‘Pleeeassseee?’ implored the dark haired girl once more.

‘That whining tone and tortuous distortion of the English language is both highly irritating and a most unharmonic disruption of a glorious tongue.’

‘Uncle Harry would.’

‘Uncle Harry can…’

‘Severus!’ interrupted Hermione in a warning tone.

‘As I was saying, Uncle Harry can … do so if he wishes. I will not.’

‘Why not?’

‘Well, let me see. Firstly, there is the truly absurd nature of the plea contained in the book. It indicates a fundamental and pathetic inability to grasp the fact that some events are indeed final. Secondly, there is the issue of the gross misrepresentation of the creature concerned. I would have hoped that you, my daughter, would have the cognition to realise that in fact that such creatures are in reality evil-minded venomous tricksters. In addition, their true history of interaction with humanity is one of misery and woe.’

‘I do know that,’ the girl said defiantly.

‘And still you want me to participate in this ludicrous distortion of the facts?’

‘It’s only a story… make believe.’

‘Then it will make no difference if I participate or not.’

‘Maybe somewhere there are nice ones.’

‘You have been spending entirely too much time with Hagrid. Next, you will be asserting that a dragon would be a suitable and loving family pet.’

Severus and Isabel glared at each other. Hermione watched the by play between the two of them with interest. If she knew her daughter, Isabel would not give up so easily.

‘Please?’

‘No.’

‘Please?’

‘At the risk of sounding rather like a psittacine, no.’

The glaring contest continued. Finally, it was broken when Isabel’s bottom lip began to quiver, and fat tears rolled down her cheek. ‘Ok,’ she sniffed in a small voice. She turned away dejectedly and started walking back to her bedroom. Severus stared at her, suddenly horrified by what he had done.

‘Isabel, wait! Don’t cry.’

She half turned back. He scooped her up into his arms and gently wiped her tears away. ‘I’m sorry. I’m just… why don’t we go and read that story?’

Isabel sniffed her agreement into his shoulder, and Hermione watched as her husband carried his other Achilles heel back to her bedroom. Shortly thereafter, she heard the sound of Isabel’s voice reading the story aloud. Hermione grinned and put her hand over her mouth to stifle a laugh as the crucial moment arrived. She heard the sound of clapping, and Severus’s silky voice declare loudly, ‘I do believe in fairies. I do.’

‘They didn’t hear you. Say it louder.’

There was a very loud silence; then he repeated, ‘I do believe in fairies. I do… I do.’

Hermione was still wiping the tears of laughter from her eyes when he reappeared.

‘Oh, by the left eyebrow of John Dee, not you too?’ he exclaimed.

‘Oh no, love. This is…that is…Severus, I think I know exactly what house our daughter is going to be sorted into.’

‘I don’t understand, Hermione.’

‘Well, love,’ she said and wrapped her arms around him. She raised herself onto her toes, kissed the tip of his nose and then his lips, lingering over her kiss until she heard him groan. Then she broke away. ‘You didn’t honestly believe her tears were real, did you?’

Fin.



Tylwyth Teg by shuldham [Reviews - 24]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved