Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Louder Than Words by bluestocking79 [Reviews - 24]


Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: These characters aren't mine, unfortunately. I'm just having fun playing with J.K. Rowling's things, and I'll give them back eventually. They just might be a bit messy, that's all...




Severus never actually said the words.

He was no more inclined to wish her Happy Birthday than he was to say I love you, or I was worried or worst of all, I’m sorry. The Gryffindors in Hermione’s life were inclined to cite this as proof positive of his cold, unfeeling nature, but Hermione knew better.

She was fluent in Snape.

When he meant I was worried, he frowned and picked and acted like a git until he’d started a proper fight. On the rare occasion when Severus deigned to apologise for something, he did so by being very sulky and unusually conciliatory and eventually reaching out to fold Hermione into a silent embrace.

I love you was demonstrated in a thousand ways every day. It was in every passionate glance and touch of the hand, found equally in searing kisses and breathtaking sex. It was also in the way he saved all the little notes she’d written to him in the nightstand drawer, and the way his long fingers played with her curls.

When Severus wanted to wish Hermione Happy Birthday, he brought her a flute of excellent champagne, so light and effervescent it practically evaporated on the tongue, paired with red, ripe strawberries bursting with juice, and a pot of melted chocolate, bittersweet and satiny. He proceeded to dip the sweet fruit in the chocolate, and then feed the berries to her, one by one. Afterwards, he applied the chocolate to rather more interesting places, with delightfully messy results.

When it came right down to it, Hermione was glad Severus wasn’t the verbal type.

His actions were far more enjoyable.


Louder Than Words by bluestocking79 [Reviews - 24]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved