Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

One Year, Eight Months, and Seventeen Days by PseudoJuliet [Reviews - 15]


Would you like to submit a review?

Author's Note: This is just a short....something. I wrote it at about two in the morning. I just couldn't sleep and this idea just kept niggling at me, so I started writing. This is what came out of it. I'm actually thinking of shaping this into an actual multi-chaptered fic. We'll see how that goes. This is a completely different style for me. Let me know what you think.

Disclaimer: No matter how much I wish they were mine, the characters of the HP universe belong to JK Rowling, genious that she is.

*******

It had been one year, eight months, and seventeen days since Harry Potter defeated Lord Voldemort in the Battle for Hogwarts. One year, eight months and seventeen days since the entire wizarding world sent up a cheer for victory. One year, eight months and sixteen days since the bittersweet end to the war she’d been fighting since entering the wizarding world at the tender age of nearly twelve.

One year, eight months and fifteen days since the wizarding world buried its savior. One year, eight months and fifteen days since she had laid her fiancé to rest beside the boy-who-lived-to-die-a-martyr. One year, eight months and ten days since she’d last been seen in the wizarding world.

One year, six months and four days since she gave herself over to the power of a Muggle hallucinogenic. One year, five months and twenty-six days since the miscarriage that led her even deeper into pits of despair. One year, five months and twenty-five days since she started to truly hate herself. One year, one month and seven days since she stopped caring.

One year, nine days since Minerva McGonagall began searching for her prized student. Ten months, fourteen days since Severus Snape found Hermione Granger in the back room of a ramshackle Muggle pub, injecting something with an unclean hypodermic needle. Ten months, three days since he convinced her to return to Hogwarts, albeit forcefully.

Nine months, two days since she stopped using. Eight months, eleven days since the withdrawal symptoms began to lessen. Seven months, twenty-nine days since she started to actually feel again. Six months, eighteen days since she started falling for him.

Three months, twelve days since he finally admitted his feelings. Two months, seven days since he proposed. Two months, seven days since she said she’d think about it. Two months, one day since she accepted. One month, twenty days since planning began. One month, thirteen days since Minerva agreed to be her maid of honor. Twenty-three days since he surprised her with a house. Six days since she surprised him with a pregnancy. One day since she wept for those who couldn’t be there. One day since he held her and wiped away her tears.

One year, eight months, and seventeen days since life took a turn neither of them expected. One year, eight months, and seventeen days since fate was set into motion.

One hour, eight minutes, and seventeen seconds until she becomes Mrs. Severus Snape.


One Year, Eight Months, and Seventeen Days by PseudoJuliet [Reviews - 15]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved