Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

A First Date by Valady [Reviews - 12]


Would you like to submit a review?

He knocked on the door to the small flat above the apothecary in Diagon Alley. He happened upon her a week ago at Flourish and Blotts and after a stimulating half hour discussion he asked her out to dinner.

When she opened the door the sight of her almost made him lose his breath. ‘Beautiful’ was the only thought that came to mind. She was dressed in royal blue robes made of silk that clung to her down to her hips where they flowed down to the floor like a waterfall. The neckline showed just a hint of cleavage. Her hair was pinned up on the sides leaving the rest to cascade down her back.

“Good evening, Severus.”

‘Tell her how beautiful you think she is, Severus.’ There was that damn voice again, the one that sounded suspiciously like Albus.

“Good evening, Hermione. I must say you look stunning tonight.”

“Thank you, I’m not overdressed am I?”

“Not at all. Our reservations are for 7:30, are you ready to go?”

“I just need to get my cloak.”

“Allow me, please.” He said as he took her cloak and put it around her shoulders allowing her to close the clasp.

He offered her his arm and as she took it with her hand they headed to their destination. They walked down Diagon Alley, he asked her about her week.

“Master Cobbles had me brewing the Cordis Adfirmo potion this week. He seemed quite pleased with my results, but like you he is very exacting and demanding.”

“He must have quite a bit of faith in your ability though, Hermione; most apprentices do not brew that potion until their third year. You always were well ahead of your peers though.”

The flow of conversation was smooth and easy between them, as if they had friends for years. They turned down a small street off the alley and as Severus guided her to the door she saw the name of the restaurant Romancing La Sorcière.

Hermione gasped. “Severus, you do know what this place is, do you not?”

‘Tell her, Severus.’

“I am well aware of it. Romancing La Sorcière – Romancing The Witch. I have every intention of romancing you, courting you, Hermione Granger. If you will permit me to, that is.”

“I had no idea you thought about me in that way, Severus. Yes, I would like to see if we could develop a relationship.”

Taking her hand he brought the palm to his lips, placing a gentle kiss upon it.

“I shall endeavor to make sure you never regret that decision, Hermione.”

“I highly doubt I would ever regret it, Severus. I’ve been attracted to you since my seventh year. I always hoped that, after I graduated, you would one day see me as more than just a student. I guess my patience has paid off.”

‘Kiss her, Severus.’

“I’m glad you waited.”

Hermione placed her hand on his shoulder.

He looked into her eyes.

‘Kiss her, NOW!’

And he did.


Written for romancingwizard, Challenge Eight: An Evening With Severus Snape (prompt Kiss her. Now)

Thanks to Violet Snape for the beta work on this.


A First Date by Valady [Reviews - 12]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved