Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Rhapsody in Red by salena snape [Reviews - 18]


Would you like to submit a review?

Rhapsody in Red


They say that red is the first color that was perceived by man. It is said to protect against the powers of evil, being endowed with its own type of magic. Men have been known to drink the red blood of their slain enemies in order to increase their own strength.

One word, one color.

To Severus, red used to mean blood and death. Violence, suffering, warfare, and bloodshed were all symbolized by that hateful color.

Red were the glowing eyes of the Dark Lord as he tested Severus’ loyalty time and time again.

Red was the haze that filled his sight when he experienced the almost unbearable pain from the Cruciatus curse.

Red was the intense rage he would feel after a Death Eater’s meeting.

Red was the color of his dreams and in those nightmares he saw the many faces of those he’d had to hurt or betray.

Red hair haunted him when he thought back to that night in Godric’s Hollow. That night he had lost one of the only friends he had ever had. He hated that blasted Weasley girl because she reminded him of a young Lily Evans. Lily, who did not realize what fate had in store for her.

He wasn’t certain when it began to change. After the defeat of the Dark Lord in the Potter’s seventh year, Severus found himself in a new world. He no longer had to be a spy and could live his life peacefully.

For some reason, Miss Granger was being much kinder to him. He attributed it to the fact that he had saved her precious Weasley’s life on the battlefield. He didn’t realize how wrong he was.

Red was the transparent bottle that held a perfectly brewed potion. The liquid glistened inside the glass and reminded him of a jewel. He could find nothing to berate her with. Her thoughtful look when he gave her full marks made him wonder.

Red was the apple she handed him a few weeks later, followed by a beautiful smile. He had some suspicions that it might be a trick, but temptation took over. Taking a bite, he savored the rare flavor. He never knew there were such sweet things left in the world.

Red was the flush on her face when she asked to be his apprentice. He wondered why she seemed almost shy to ask him. It was, after all, only a job. Wasn’t it?

Red mixed with gold was the color of a Gryffindor tie that was loosened during the many hours that she had spent in his tutelage.

Red was the color of the rose that he gave her when one day he finally realized what was standing in front of him. It told her all that he was unable to say.

They say that red is the color of the unbridled passion that two people feel for one another. In Greek mythology red was a symbol of love and affinity. Red can make one feel warm and protected.

Now red no longer means violence and war to him. It no longer evokes visions of death and suffering.

Red is in the deep color of wine, causing warmth to spread all over as it slides down his throat.

Red is the slow flame that burns in him when he sees her.

Red is the silk that covers a soft form, rustling as he runs his hands over her body.

Red is a faint blush on faultless porcelain skin.

Red is a soft tongue sliding over an inviting mouth.

Red are the dewy lips that are swollen from his kisses.

Red is the ruby that he gave her when he vowed to be hers alone.

Red is the warmth he feels when he lies with her, their bodies entwined.


A/N:

This little one-shot came to me the other night while I was sitting the tub. Literally. LOL Yes, I think of Severus in the tub. Bad me! Anyway, I was musing over how the way you view something can change over time, and this is what I came up with.

Thanks to Jennifer for the beta! Gotta love the innuendo, huh?

Disclaimer:

JKR? Who is that? ;-) ONLY the Goddess of fiction! *bows to Goddess*


Rhapsody in Red by salena snape [Reviews - 18]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved