Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Song fics

Just Like Heaven by froggy [Reviews - 14]


Would you like to submit a review?

Just Like Heaven

A/N: This fic is inspired by the beautiful song by The Cure; Just Like Heaven. For those of you who haven't heard it - go hear it! It's absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, the lyrics really got me thinking about our lovely couple here :-) So here we go: my first song lyric fic. I hope you enjoy, and remember, reviews are nice and help me improve *wink wink, hint hint*


-------------------

Show me, show me,
show me how you do that trick,
the one that makes me scream, she said
The one that makes me laugh, she said,
and threw her arms around my neck
Show me how you do it
and I promise you, I promise that
I'll run away with you
I'll run away with you



Love. What is love?

Is love reason or logic? Is it madness? Is it running laughing through the pouring rain with your chosen one, getting soaked to the skin, just to see the smile that belongs to her laughter?

Is love sacrifice or loss? Is it victory or reward? Is it surrendering your privacy to another soul; allowing her to see your most vulnerable moments without precaution, only to be rewarded by the serene contentment on her face when she sleeps?


Spinning on that dizzy edge
I kissed her face and kissed her head
And dreamed of all the different ways
I had to make her glow
Why are you so far away?
she said
Why won't you ever know
that I'm in love with you
that I'm in love with you



Is love a human instinct, as lowly as the urge to mark one's territory? Is it the only salvation for a species already destroying itself? Is it revelling in the primitive knowledge that you made her lose her mind in a hurricane of bliss?

Is love a game? Is it a war? Is it feeling your heart ripped out of your chest with an iron fist for each tear you can see on her face, while desperately scrambling to defeat your opponents so you can claim the prize?

Is love courage? Is it cowardice? Is it risking to have your heart shattered for the noble cause of your soul's redemption, fleeing the horrifying prospect of dying alone?


You -
soft and lonely

You -
lost and lonely

You -
strange as angels,
dancing in the deepest oceans,
twisting in the water
You're just like a dream
You're just like a dream



Is love strength and power? Is it weakness and fault? Is it sheltering her fragile form in your arms when her friends have made her cry, knowing she will hold you with equal love and care when your whole body aches with pain and wounds?

Is love the light that shows us the way? Is it the blindfold that sends us tumbling down that steep slope? Is it seeing the unearthly beauty under that seemingly grey and dull appearance, ignoring the fact that you know her hair is a crow's nest and that those dark circles under her eyes come from too much work?

Is love idiocy? Is it wisdom? Is it ignoring that in spite of all the rules you are breaking, in spite of the fact that all hell will break loose should anyone discover you?


Daylight licked me into shape
I must have been asleep for days
and moving lips to breathe her name
I opened up my eyes
And found myself alone, alone
alone above a raging sea
who stole the only girl I loved
and drowned her deep inside of me



Is love a cloud of fog slipping through your fingers? Is it the granite rock you build your everything on? Is it waking up in the morning, not daring to touch her for fear she might disappear, yet knowing she feels so soft and warm under your fingers?

Is love hating yourself for sending her away?

Is love despising every bad thing you did in your entire life out of fear you might lose her heart lest she know?

Is love pacing before the door for hours on end, wanting nothing more than to run up to the tower that is her prison now you have banned her from your soul?

Is love knowing you doomed yourself to loneliness, to pain, to unbearable loss; hoping to protect her from what she does not know?

Hoping only that her heart will not break, like yours?

Hoping that this night was not the last time you were granted Paradise?


You -
soft and lonely

You -
lost and lonely

You -
just like heaven



No.

Love is keeping her in my heart as I lie to the Dark Lord, knowing that if I die, I will die for the lioness that holds my soul captive.

Love is knowing that the tears she will shed, will be for me.

Love is knowing that I gave her all I am, all I have, and received as much from her.

Love is forbidden fruit, undeserved salvation.

Love is my Hermione.


~ FIN ~


Just Like Heaven by froggy [Reviews - 14]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved