Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions

Mercy of the Fallen


This story is completed.

1. Shards by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 23]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Hermione and Severus are drawn together despite their rocky past in an attempt to discover who is framing Draco Malfoy for murder. Hermione has moved on but perhaps there is hope that there is still something more in store for them. Sequel to Veils of Illusion. (3819 words)
2. Complicated by Rilla (Wanton) [Reviews - 12]
Genres: Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: The truth was beginning to shift out of focus as it became harder to remember exactly what had transpired between them, to lift the thin wisps of reality from the heavy layers of fantasy his mind spun out to quash the discomfort. (4818 words)
3. Temperance by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 10]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: He cringed as he recognized that part of himself that wanted to see her in pain, reclusive and bitter after his departure. It would, after all, be a sign that he mattered. But he didn't. (4297 words)
4. Timing is Everything by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 15]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Lucius's eyes strayed to the doorway behind her and she turned her gaze to find the breath stolen from her chest. Severus stood there, the shock etched so clearly on his face that she knew he'd heard every word she'd spoken. (3918 words)
5. With All Certainty by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 12]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: It was becoming clearer by the day that spying had been the easy work. His introduction to affairs of the heart was the most difficult task he ever faced. (4559 words)
6. Favors by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 22]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: He waited just long enough for the young man to begin to fidget. "It's because you're not the one she loves. Save yourself the heartache, Weasley. It's better for both of you this way and here I am generously offering you a fine reward to do the right thing." (3183 words)
7. Truths by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 13]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: "You can believe me, Minerva, that there was absolutely no coercion or abuse of power involved. If there had been," he continued more quietly, "she would not be with Charlie Weasley right now." (4160 words)
8. Asking the Right Questions by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 12]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: She found herself a little overwhelmed by his presence. It had been a long time since she'd watched him in public, wrapped in his cloak of unapproachable authority and she felt a slight jump in her belly that she tried to swallow by straightening her spine and looking him directly in the eye. (4790 words)
9. The Way She Works by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 13]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Of course she always made the practical choice. She had let her heart lead her once and found herself alone and devastated the next morning. Besides, she owed a large measure of her success to her practicality. (4530 words)
10. Tension by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 14]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: After watching Hermione over these past weeks, he wasn't entirely sure he wanted to let her go. The pain she caused him by merely existing had become something of an addiction for him, filling the void his grudge against Potter had left after Voldemort's defeat, and he wasn't sure what would drive him if he quelled it. (4874 words)
11. Winds of Change by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 13]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: The problem was not that her love for Charlie had diminished at all; the problem was that with each day that passed, her love for Severus only seemed to increase. (4355 words)
12. Before the Storm by Rilla (Wanton) [Reviews - 21]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Hermione stepped in front of him, though Severus was only vaguely aware of her outline as the red haze of his vision clouded everything in the room except Weasley's defiant face. (3823 words)
13. Penance by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 18]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Hermione sighed; she was starting to agree. It had been more than twenty-four hours since she last owled Severus and he hadn't sent a word of reply. If he wanted to see Draco off the hook, he certainly wasn't in a hurry to do so. (4438 words)
14. Right On Time by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 21]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Hermione's form came into focus first and by the shape of her wildly curly hair, haloed by painfully bright sunlight, he knew he was not dead. (4651 words)
15. For You by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 22]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Drama, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: “No, I mean you hurt me. It hurts, right here,” she pressed her hand against her chest, “every time I’m near you. You make my heart ache and for the life of me I can’t figure out whether that is good or bad. Will I feel whole with you if we’re together, or will the knife in my heart keep turning?” (4153 words)
16. Justification by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 15]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: "Severus," she said, twisting the parchment between her fingers. "They've caught Pansy. We're wanted at the Aurory for questioning." (3470 words)
17. Decisive Action by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 11]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Hermione blinked rapidly, tears pricking at the corners of her eyes. She'd been foolish to believe that this wizard ever had her best interest at heart. Here he stood ready to hex her for coming to him with the truth, for completing the investigation he had paid her to do. (3789 words)
18. Settling by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 7]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Drama, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: The words were out before she could stop them and she gripped the sheet in frustration, twisting it in her hand. How was this going to work if she couldn't even begin a conversation without arguing? (3183 words)
19. Collateral Damage by Rilla (Conservative) [Reviews - 20]
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: She'd expected an argument when she mentioned seeing Charlie, or at least an uncomfortable confrontation, but nothing of the sort had occurred. She should have been happy about that. (4264 words)
20. The Blessings by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 13]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Drama
Warnings: none
Summary: There was a long silence that stretched out between them, not awkward, but desperate. Though he knew it was absurd to be standing here beside Charlie Weasley, the only true rival he'd ever had for Hermione's affections, he didn't like the thought of waiting for word on her condition alone. (4574 words)
21. Breathe by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 3]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Drama, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: He sat perfectly still, his breath so even and steady that it infuriated her. She swallowed and looked him in the eyes. He seemed to enjoy drawing this out, knowing that he was driving her half out of her mind as she waited for the answer. (3695 words)
22. Epilogue - Ten Years Later by Rilla (Lascivious) [Reviews - 70]
Genres: Mystery/Suspense, Friendship
Warnings: Character Death
Summary: Hermione read the letter twice in quick succession, tears welling in her eyes as a breathless smile spread across her face like long-expected rain at the end of a drought. (8202 words)


This story is completed.

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved