Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions

Looking for Magic in All the Right Places


This story is completed.

1. Could This Summer Be Even Better? by Savageland (Suggestive) [Reviews - 9]
Genres: Humor, Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: COMPLETE. In a post-Voldemort world, magic is inexplicably failing, and disgruntled Hogwarts students must take summer crash-courses in Muggle science and culture. But some forms of ancient power still exist. Can a bit of chemistry between Hermione and Snape and a dose of Muggle poetry invoke it? My response to the WIKTT Summer School Challenge. (1307 words)
2. Stop-Gaps and Stairways by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 5]
Genres: Humor
Warnings: none
Summary: ‘Are you suggesting,’ said Snape very carefully, ‘that poetry and stories might somehow harness power?’ . . . My response to the WIKTT Summer School Challenge. (1302 words)
3. That Strange Prickling Feeling by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 4]
Genres: Humor
Warnings: none
Summary: Hermione felt the hairs rise on her arms and the back of her neck, as if power were crawling over her skin. Snape, she saw, was standing very still . . . . (1995 words)
4. The Boyz Who Rapped by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 9]
Genres: Humor
Warnings: none
Summary: The more the chemistry of substances disappointed Hermione, the more the chemistry of words intrigued her. (2087 words)
5. Acid and Digestion by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 9]
Genres: Humor
Warnings: none
Summary: ‘I don’t mind Muggle cooking,’ said Ron. ‘Kind of a novelty.’ ‘I’m afraid the novelty is bound to wear off very soon, Mr. Weasley,’ said Snape. ‘This is our future.’ He stared bleakly into his now-empty coffee mug . . . . (2274 words)
6. Sex-Starved Little Swot! by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 6]
Genres: Humor
Warnings: none
Summary: Hermione never noticed that the door to Snape’s rooms was open a crack and that he was watching her with an intensity she would have found unsettling, his eyes narrowed like a soldier’s sizing up an enemy. (1822 words)
7. Acquainted With the Night by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 12]
Genres: Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: Alone on the cold window-seat, watching the stars wheel above her in the night, Hermione found herself believing—for the first time since Voldemort’s death—that magic could return to Hogwarts. (1989 words)
8. What Is the Right Emotion? by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 10]
Genres: Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: ‘Miss Granger.’ ‘Yes?’ ‘If you and I should end up as contestants on Thursday, be warned: don’t expect me to hold back simply because you’re a student.’ (2592 words)
9. The Art of Winning by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 12]
Genres: Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: ‘Miss Granger, I’m determined to raise magic tonight and to make damned sure we sustain it. When you and I compete, I will hold nothing back. Nothing. In turn, you must hold nothing back from me. Do you understand?’ (2204 words)
10. Hold Nothing Back, Miss Granger by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 14]
Genres: Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: The time to put Severus Snape in his place was at hand. When Hermione opened her mouth, the words of her perfect invocation made the farthest corners of the room echo. (1981 words)
11. The Filament of Light by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 15]
Genres: Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: As Snape ended his invocation he extended his hand palm up, fingers cupped in the ancient sign of openness. What happened next made Hermione draw an astonished breath. (2010 words)
12. Epilogue--A Theory Worth Testing by Savageland (Brazen) [Reviews - 110]
Genres: Romance
Warnings: none
Summary: 'You're right--I was using you at first. I sensed you felt something for me other than fear and loathing, much as it tested the bounds of belief for me to think so.' (1344 words)


This story is completed.

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved