Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

A Smile by ksevfansd [Reviews - 22]


Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: In case you did not know, these characters are not mine! And neither is Alan Rickman. In the words of Severus Snape…

“Pity…”

Thanks for all the wonderful reviews. And a special thank you to my sis.


A/N-This was originally posted on fanfiction.net. It did not have 600 words, though. I hate to change anything since I said everything that needed to be said the first time. So instead, I thought I would explain a little about how this ficlet came about. I was watching Dark Harbor, an Alan Rickman movie. This is not a comedy at all. During the movie, there were several times, though, when he smiled and it was just amazing. I wondered what it would be like to be on the receiving end of that smile. It was several days later and I still could not get his smile out of my mind so I decided to write about it. For a glimpse of that smile, another movie that is good is Truly, Madly, Deeply. It is a comedy. So on with the story…

This was written as a tribute to Alan Rickman’s amazing smile. I wondered what would happen if Severus Snape smiled that smile…how would Hermione react?



A Smile


The young women stared at the older man beside her. What had just happened? The shocked look in her eyes was mixed with a tempest of other emotions. She tried to remember what had proceeded this moment but the memories were like shards of glass, scattered and minute. The vagueness of it pulled at her. She needed to remember but she could not. She could not think of anything but what had just happened.

He had smiled. It seemed simple but it was not. She did not know what to think or what to do. He still worked on as if nothing had happened but they both knew it had. It wasn’t as if she had never seen him smile before. She shook her head. She had seen the curl of his lip, the infamous smirk, the raising of one eyebrow in sardonic humor. This was different.

This smile had caused the world to stop spinning on its axis and then to continue turning in the opposite direction. She now questioned everything she knew to be true. Her reality was shattered. It was the promise in the smile that caused the catch in her throat. It was hard to breathe but she concentrated on the effort of pulling air in and out of her lungs. In that moment she had seen what could be. And he let her. She knew that was what stunned her the most. In that moment, he had opened himself to her, exposing his vulnerability.

She thought of the smile. His lips had turned up briefly. Although it was fleeting, it was mesmerizing. Almost immediately, his lips returned to their comfortable sneer. It was his eyes, however, that held her attention. The smile continued in their depths and the sides crinkled in amusement.

The memory of those eyes was permanently imprinted on her mind. They had sparkled as he looked at her. The tiny lines feathered out from the corner of his eyes toward his temples. She longed to trace their journey with her fingers. She imagined kissing him there as if she could somehow taste and savor the joy she had briefly seen.

She again tried to remember what she had said to him that caused him to smile. She wanted to be able to recreate that moment. As she looked at his now serious profile, she knew it did not matter. He had chosen to share this with her. She knew there would be a next time. The thought enveloped her with a mixture of warmth and excitement. It would be enough to sustain her…for now.


A Smile by ksevfansd [Reviews - 22]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved