Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Romance

Another Year by knic84 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Would you like to submit a review?

Hermione convinced Madam Pomfrey to release her from the infirmary with a promise that she would get lots of rest and plenty to eat. Harry refused to leave her until they’d found Severus. They found him in the Great Hall arguing with Flitwick about the decorations.

“Ah, Miss Granger!” the small man exclaimed upon seeing her. “So good to see you looking well again.”

“Thank you, sir,” she said, with a smile. She turned her gaze to her husband. “Good evening, Professor.” He didn’t break eye contact with her, only nodding in response. “Sir, I was wondering if I could speak with you in private for a moment. I have some questions about my...rescue.”

“Oh, yes, go on, Severus,” Flitwick said quickly, clearly glad to be rid of him. “I can handle this.”

“I’m sure you can,” he muttered. “Come to my office then, Granger.” He stormed away without checking to see if she was following.

“Actually, I was hoping we could go for a walk in the fresh air, sir,” she called after him. He didn’t answer, just slightly adjusted his course. She caught up to him on the entrance stairs and the two walked out to the lake. It was several moments before either of them spoke.

“You had questions?” His voice took on the formal tone that it did when he was displeased in some way or another.

“What happened to Neville?” she asked, steering them toward the forest.

“He was sent to Azkaban.”

“I think St. Mungo’s would’ve been a better place for him. It was like he was two people.”

As soon as they were out of sight of the castle, she turned and took his hand. He was still for a moment before wrapping his fingers around hers.

“There’s something I have to say and I’m not sure how to do it.” He stiffened again and then stepped away from her completely. His face was the careful emotionless mask he had once always worn. She turned, walked a few steps away, and took another deep breath before facing him. “Sorry, I’m nervous about your reaction. I wasn’t prepared for this, especially after the week I’ve had.” His expression hardened further at her words. She stepped close to him again and reached up to touch his face. “Why are you looking at me like that?” she said, softly. He leaned into her touch and closed his eyes for a moment.

“I am not used to feeling vulnerable. I felt helpless this week when I couldn’t find you. I do not enjoy it.”

“You will likely not enjoy what I’m about to tell you then.”

“Stop toying with me, Hermione.” He stepped out of her reach again. “Are you leaving me?”

“What!? No, of course not.”

“Has Madam Pomfrey discovered some irreparable harm done to you?”

“Severus, I--”

“Then what?”

Closing her eyes, she blurted out, “I’m pregnant.” When he made no move or sound, she opened her eyes.

“Oh, that,” he said with a smirk. “I wondered when you’d get around to mentioning it.”

“You knew?

“The observant man could not miss such a thing. There are...signs.”

“Severus, I only just found out the morning that Neville took me.”

“Hermione, for the brightest witch of your age, you can be terribly oblivious about your own body. I was only waiting for exams to be over to suggest you see Madam Pomfrey.”

“Oh, you think you’re so smart, Severus Snape,” she said, leaning against his chest. She took a deep breath. She would never tire of the smell of him. “I’ve missed sleeping in your bed...well, in any bed really, but yours in particular.” She could feel him smile as he wrapped his arms around her.

“Yes, it has been rather cold of late.” He laid a kiss on her head. “Come now, I must go check on Filius. I can only imagine what he’s done in my absence.” They turned to walk back across the grounds, her hand in his. “We shall have plenty of time to make plans after graduation tomorrow.”

“Severus, what signs was I allegedly oblivious to? I hate missing things.”

“Merlin, woman,” he said, rolling his eyes. He begrudgingly pulled away from her as the castle came into view.

“Please?”

“Exhaustion, lack of appetite, missed cycle.”

“I noticed all those things, but they could easily have been stress-induced.” He was quiet for a moment too long. When she glanced at him, he was blushing slightly. “What else, Severus?”

“There was a difference in...ah, taste.”

“In tas--Oh, I see.” It was her turn to blush. They walked the rest of the way in silence. As they parted ways, Hermione turned on the stairs and called to him. “Oh, Professor?” He turned in her direction. “Could you check on that last one again for me this evening?”

“Indeed, Miss Granger.” He turned with a flourish of robes and strode quickly down the corridor.

You’ll be the death of me, witch.


Another Year by knic84 [Reviews - 3]

<< >>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved