Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Winter Warfare by Laralee [Reviews - 8]


Would you like to submit a review?

Characters are property of J.K. Rowling and the Harry Potter Universe. Thankfully, she allows me to borrow them for a bit of fun.




Winter Warfare

A drabble series


Severus Snape stood with his arms folded defiantly across his chest. He was up to his shins in a drift of freshly fallen snow, and the tiny, iridescent flakes were still cascading down, dancing politely around him and his companion.

"Absolutely not."

Standing across from him, she cocked her head to the side, her wild locks falling in tendrils around her cold-flushed face. She took a deliberate step toward him, her gloved hands concealing the intended projectile behind her back. He regarded her suspiciously and took a solid step backwards for good measure, lest she actually gain the upper hand.

~*~


"Hermione… I'm serious."

"Are you telling me, Severus Snape, that you are afraid?" she inquired, her tone saturated with tease. She was right beside him now, but he held his ground. Severus could smell her breath—a delicate mix peppermint and chocolate—and feel the warmth of it upon his cheek, which had gone almost numb from the brisk bite of the wind.

He raised a single surprised brow, gazing down at her through the languidly drifting flakes. "Surely you jest?"

A grin flashed across her face. "I can think of no other reason for you to look so whey-faced."

~*~


He moved faster than she had anticipated, seizing the ball of snow from between her fingers. The white sphere disintegrated, and white, blossom-sized chunks fell in a heap at their feet. She appeared to deflate a little upon seeing her weapon of choice cast aside so easily. She frowned and shoved her hands in the front pockets of her thick cloak, forlornly accepting defeat.

Looking back, he should have recognized the ploy, expected it even, because seconds later and to his utter surprise, the first compacted ball of snow of hit him directly between the eyes with a meaty whack.

~*~


The second and third cold masses hit him before he had fully recovered from the first, and it was then that he knew he had been duped. Severus managed to deflect the fourth freezing ball with his arm, and saw that she had brandished her wand, which she had cleverly hidden in the folds of her robe. He lunged forward in retaliation, but not before she managed to connect another charmed wad of snow with the side of his head.

She retreated, laughing in a way that made him forget the melting snow sliding down his back, and he pursued.




Author's Notes: Well, there you go! Short but satisfying. Be on the lookout for a much longer story in the coming days—a belated Christmas gift to those of you who follow each story I write. As always, reviews are welcomed and greatly appreciate.


Winter Warfare by Laralee [Reviews - 8]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved