Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Feels Like Home by [Reviews - 8]


Would you like to submit a review?

A.N. - This was something that I wrote a couple of months ago...but for some random reason I didn't put it up. So, I'm putting it up now! I hope you enjoy it. It's done from a slightly different perspective than I usually do, so I hope it's as good as my usual stuff. Love you guys! Happy reading!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feels Like Home

They don't know, of course, but the two of us do. Even among the blood and everything else that surrounds us.

I caught your stare after you stood and blasted one of the walls of the Shrieking Shack. There was blood across your neck, your shoulder, smeared and matted in your hair, a horrible mess, but you paid no attention to it as you ran towards me, blasting hexes blindly left and right, never pausing as you approached me. Your lips on mine, however brief, were worth the risk. I can still remember your touch…and I remember that I didn't want to ever lose it.

Afterwards, you ran off towards the rest of the battle, leaving me with your taste on my mouth...and I savored it. Even as I ran after your steps, firing off my own hexes, only one thought was in my mind at that particular moment.

You.

You tasted like home. You felt like home.

Now you're in hiding, and I am the only one who knows that you are alive. I miss you with every waking moment, and I know that no matter where I go, nothing will feel like home. No one will feel like home. You walked away with my heart, and I will blindly follow it until I find you. I could care less about a roof over my head; all I care about is finding that peace once more. That frozen second in time where your lips touched mine and my thoughts calmed and the storm abated.

I can remember the lingering warmth of your breath against my mouth, and feeling what I hadn't felt in years…belonging.

And I knew, and you knew as well, in that instant, that both of us had found our home…and our salvation.

Who knew that salvation would come so suddenly? So abruptly? Found in a single moment of desperation; a moment between the deadly flying colors that spun across the battlefield, threatening to take either of us down at any second.

With you I found something I'd never known I was missing.

Compared to the one kiss with Ron that I'd had only an hour earlier, you were so much more. With Ron there was affection, caring…with you, I felt my core turn to flame and the whole world shift beneath my feet. It was everything that a kiss was supposed to be, and I knew that you were it.

What was missing with Ron, I found in you. And I knew the word that explained it all.

Belonging.

A home.

My heart aches for you, but I can do nothing. I miss you…my love. My home.





Feels Like Home by [Reviews - 8]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved