Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Romance

Merlin Bless Befuddlement Draughts! by beaweasley2 [Reviews - 10]


Would you like to submit a review?

Told in a series of drabbles, from different points of view, but I’ll see if you can figure out who’s point of view it is. Hint, look to the next drabble for your clue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*o0o*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


George said this would work. It’s a little girl’s umbrella, the kind that covers your shoulders, and it’s supposed to make me invisible – like his headless hats. Only I feel bloody ridiculous! Lavender Brown dared me to break into Professor Snape’s office and leave him a mirror that yells, “April Fool is you,” on his essay pile.

The corridors are, thankfully, empty, and Professor Snape wasn’t in his office so the task wasn’t as hard as it could have been. Oh, when I get back to the common room I’m going to hex Lavender into next week! Truth or dare, my arse!

~~*o0o*~~


Hermione must be kidding! I have no idea where the books on Atlantis are, let alone the one that has their traditional music in it. I set my broomstick down, as I check the bookshelves in the Ancient Wizarding Civilizations section and hope Harry was right as I look for the Ancient Wizarding Communities half way down the aisle.

I check the clock, and it’s only ten minutes to curfew... I want the huge tome with a bull on the cover.

I found it just as Mrs. Norris appeared in the aisle next to my broom. Bugger! Luckily, I flew out with the book before Filch arrived! I’m going to murder Hermione for his dare!

~~*o0o*~~


First of all, I can’t draw, so this may not be as horrible as it sounds. The picture of Alberforth, Dumbledore’s brother and barkeep of the Hogs Head, holding a goat prisoner in his arms with a caption that reads, ‘I’ll love you always,’ doesn’t look anything like the guy. In fact, my goat doesn’t even look like a goat. It looks like a horned dog with long legs and a stubby tail. And of course, Hermione, the angel that she is, charmed the roll of parchment with a seal using the rune symbol for love, and if I don’t hand it to Dumbledore it will explode! I run through the possible candies, lucking out on the third try and entered the office.

No Dumbledore. All the paintings are starting to wake up! Shite! I left the parchment on his desk and took off running. Bloody Bludgers, I hope it doesn’t explode. Oh, Ron is going to get it when I get back.


~~*o0o*~~


I have no idea what Harry is playing at! Leave the apple next to the puppet on the cupboard by her desk.

I am completely surprised that the Professor Hooch’s office opens so easily, but then I never would have believed that saying Bloody Bludgers would have worked either. Of course, everything worth taking is locked away in her cupboards! The booms in the broom cupboard, the crate with the Quidditch balls locked up tightly and, of course, the trophies secured in their case. What did surprise me was the book I saw on her desk that I knew was from the Restricted Section, Consecrare Devovovere Tenebricosum Veneficus. Consecrated Curses of the Dark Wizards is what the title translates into.

Forget the puppet, I left the apple on the book and ran back to the common room. Why in Bloody Horntails is Professor Hooch reading that book?

~~*o0o*~~


Oh, Circe! Neville got me again! First Lavender and now Neville! Only this isn’t even Neville’s dare – Lavender made it up. He couldn’t think of one. Oh, how I hate truth or dare.

I have to drink a potion, some Befuddlement Draught that Lavender is holding in front of me and walk to the Entrance Hall and back. Neville is simply nodding saying, “All right. Go on then.” I don’t even know who brewed it!

I know what Befuddlement Draught does to a person! But I drink the potion just as Lavender says, “If you see Professor Snape tell him that Tom Riddle wants his pizza on the train this summer.” Bloody, Mother of Merlin! How am I going to pull this one off?

Neville at least assisted me from the portrait hole, but then he left me standing in the corridor. I hope Professor Snape is on patrol tonight, because I have no idea how else to find him. I hope, I hope.

~~*o0o*~~


I turned the corner to find Miss Granger in her dressing robes and bare foot, staring at a window. “Miss Granger, what are you doing out of bed?”

The girl didn’t even turn around. “Tom Riddle wants pizza,” she mumbles almost incoherently.

“Excuse me?” I have no idea what she’s babbling about. I turn her to face me, and she actually smiles. “Are you unwell, Miss Granger?”

She simply stares at me with a ridiculously dreamy expression. “He wants his pizza on the train this summer. You have the most incredible eyes. I always dream about your eyes,” she states just before her knees give, and I manage to catch her before she hits the floor.

I examine her eyes and have a suspicion of what ails her. “You took a potion, who gave it to you? What was it?”

“Befuddlement Draught, I think.” She laughed, snuggling against me, and I shake my head. “You need kissing,” she says. “I’ve always wondered what kissing you would be like.”

Oh, bloody dragons! I lift her up to take her to the hospital wing, sure that she cannot possibly walk in this condition.

~~*o0o*~~


I’m dreaming. I must be dreaming. I’m in Severus Snape’s arms. I feel totally light-headed and reckless. I begin swinging my legs and tighten my arms around his neck to snuggle closer to him as I inhale deeply. “Oh lord, you smell so good.”

“Stop that, you silly girl, or I’ll drop you,” he snarls in that smooth, completely sexy voice that I’ve loved since my first year. Only I’ve never ever confessed that to anyone.

I have no idea where he’s taking me and frankly, I don’t care. I nip the skin below his ear, taste him with my tongue, and he stops dead in his tracks.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he asks, turning his head to look at me.

“Kissing you,” I purred. Then I did, I kissed him, or tried to until he pulled away, falling against the wall, taking me down with him. Oh, the look on his face! I can’t seem to stop giggling.

~~*o0o*~~


Good gods! The girl kissed me! And not just some peck, a sensual with her tongue seeking entrance into my mouth kind of kiss, making me lose my balance, and we fell against the wall. It’s all I can do to hitch her up and continue to the hospital wing. “Will you please refrain yourself?”

“Oh, Severus, don’t you want to do it?” she asks.

If it wasn’t for the fact that I’m sure that she’s under the affects of the some insipid potion, I’d simply dump her here and be done with it. She has no idea what she’s doing. Except I feel her lips on my earlobe and almost lose my step again. “I will not be molested by a student, Miss Granger.” Thank Merlin, the hospital wing door. Hopefully Poppy is back from taking Mr. Ridley to St. Mungo’s.

~~*o0o*~~


All I know is that Severus has laid me on a bed. I however do not release him as he set me down, but pulled him closer and kissed him again. This time I get what I want, for a few seconds. His lips are so soft, and his breath is warm on my cheek. Then he pulled away.

“No,” he says, pushing himself off me.

I know, I’m pouting, but heck, sometimes pouting simply happens, and I want him to kiss me back. I really want him too. “Do you have to go? I finally get a moment alone with you and you’re leaving.”

~~*o0o*~~


It isn’t bad enough that I just kissed a student, but she practically pulled me down on top of her on the cot and kissed me again, passionately. Merlin’s balls! Doesn’t she know what she can do to a man, kissing like that? I look over my shoulder and realize we are alone. Circe! “I’ll be right back.” I walk away and see her pout, actually pout! What she needs is a Mind-Clarity Potion.

Thankfully, I know Poppy has some because I made it for her last week. I find the bottle easily enough and bring it back to Miss Granger. She’s looking at me with raw desire in her eyes that shoots right through me. Bloody hell, it isn’t as if I’m immune to this girl! But this isn’t real. Befuddlement Draught is known to make wizards and witches uninhibited, and produces hot-headedness and recklessness. In Miss Granger’s case, uninhibited, desirous recklessness, obviously. She’d never act this way with me otherwise.

~~*o0o*~~


I watch him walk back to me with deep anticipation. He’s scowling, but it’s a confused scowl, not his usual disdainful scowl. I lean up as he approaches and pours a potion into a glass for me. “Drink this,” he says softly.

I take the potion and he sits down next to me on the cot. “Now, are you going to tell me what you were doing in the corridor?” he asks.

“Looking for you.”

“Really, Miss Granger, do you expect me to believe that?” he asks, incredulity in his expression.

“It’s the truth. I, er, it was a dare, sir.” I might as well tell him the truth. Circe! Did he give me Veritaserum? “My dare was to go to the Entrance Hall and tell you that Tom Riddle wants his pizza on the train this summer.”

~~*o0o*~~


I know that for the first few minutes as the Mind-Clarity and Befuddlement Draughts mix in her system, Miss Granger will be compelled to tell me the truth to any question I ask, if she actually answers me. That’s the difference from Veritaserum, she will be compelled to tell me the truth, but she can resist it. “Why, Miss Granger, did you kiss me?” I might as well take advantage of the situation and learn the truth of her actions. “Was that the dare?”

“Oh no! No, I wanted to.” She looked up at me with unconditional trust in her eyes, something I don’t get to see usually. “I’ve wanted to kiss you for ages! Really, just have you snog me senseless…”

I try to read the true intent behind her words and cannot find any deceit. “Really. You’d have me believe that you wanted to kiss me?” I’m stunned. I know she’s telling me the truth, but this isn’t anything I’d have expected, imagined, or believed. Maybe I should just leave well enough alone…

~~*o0o*~~


“Merlin, I’ve wanted to break through that snarly exterior you have since my… well, forever. I think you’re incredible. Brilliantly intelligent, resourceful and capable, and you’ve always been there, watching me, watching out for us… I just wish I could get to know you – really get to know you. But you’d never let me – would you?” I sigh heavily. “How I wish I could tell you how much you intrigue me. I know it’s not a crush, or an infatuation. An infatuation doesn’t last six years nor grow stronger until you find yourself reading every obscure potions journal simply to follow your research, just to read something you wrote simply to understand you better. And you still amaze me.”

~~*o0o*~~


It can’t be true. I found myself in shock, utterly dumfounded, as the realization of her confession warred against my thick defensive walls of detachment, my self-preservation against all similar advances I’ve had to rebuke from other young witches I’ve taught through the years. It’s not like I have to fight off young delusional teens all the time, but occasionally there have been girls who get a romantic delusional notion that seducing me will improve their grades or whatever. But Miss Granger hardly needs such an advantage. In fact, I’ve rarely seen such an exceptional student. Ever.

I never understood Potter’s interest in Miss Weasley when he could’ve developed a relationship with Miss Granger. I’ve watched her for years, ever since that first day in class. I had wanted to test Potter that first day, to find out what he knew, if he was so exceptional as everyone touted him to be, and found him lacking. But this girl, this Muggle-born girl knew every answer – and it had irritated me. And I’ve watched with disdain her infatuation with Mr. Weasley, wondering what in world she sees in him, knowing he’s hardly deserving of her. But this confession, it makes me wonder, makes me hope that maybe, just possibly… No, it’s simply the potions. She’s confused. No matter what the adverse effect the Mind-Clarity Potion has on someone under the influence of the Befuddlement Potion. It’s not real.

~~*o0o*~~


“Oh, sir. I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have – I’d never! I would never have attacked your person in such a manner!” I can feel the Befuddlement Draught ease off as the Mind-Clarity Potion kicks in. “I kissed you, and I… Oh, please, sir, I would never presume that you would have entertained my advances, wanted me to… Oh, Circe. I’m…” I’m confessing like a idiot! And he’s staring… Why is he just staring at me… “Oh, his eyes are so beautiful!”

“It’s all right, Miss Granger,” he said, slowly, although his dark eyes are still scrutinizing my face intently. “However inappropriate your actions were, this infatuation is something I think we should talk about.”

“Sir, I’m sorry… Discuss what exactly? I know I should have never assaulted you, and I already apologized for that. It was the potions, I think, I would never have done so otherwise!” she exclaimed alarmed. “I would never have said anything – haven’t, I haven’t ever told anyone that I love you.” I immediately clamped my hand over my mouth to keep from saying anything else and stare at him in shock. Good gods, it was Veritaserum he gave me – not Mind Clarity at all! “I mean, respect you,” I mumbled uncontrollably through my fingers.

~~*o0o*~~


I watch her face amused, the blush on her cheeks, the flush of her skin, the way her chest is rising with her elevated respiratory rate. I can only imagine that her heart is racing as well. Interesting, very interesting. “I never realized that you held an infatuation for me, or that you harbored any feelings at all. I’m hardly surprised that you would’ve wanted to read my articles in the journals; I’m certain that you’ve read the journals related to all of your subjects.” I reached out and brushed an errant strand of her hair from her face.

“Why do we have to talk about my feelings for you?” Her eyes widen even more and I smirk at her reaction. “Can’t we wait? I mean, I’m not really myself… I can’t stop babbling!”

“I hardly needed to… I’m not too sure how to react to your confession.”

She looks at me gobsmacked, obviously embarrassed and it’s surprisingly – adorable.

~~*o0o*~~


Ohmygod, ohmygods! I’ve never been so embarrassed; I feel completely humiliated! “I said it out loud? That’s worse then if you’d seen it in my…” ohmygods!

He smiled, actually smiled and it literally transformed his face. “Yes, I hardly had to use Legilimency when you spelled out your feeling so eloquently,” he said in his smooth drawl.

I actually feel my insides melt. Wait! Is he flirting with me?

“The question is, Miss Granger, what should I do about it?” he asks.

I swallowed. “Do about it, sir? I suppose I’ll have detention, and you’ll take points—”

“No, I’m… I won’t,” he cuts me off. “No loss of points.”

I can’t really read his expression; I’ve never seen him so… thoughtful before.

“I do believe a few nights a week would be expected, after all. But we shall see if after say, three nights in my company you still want to continue to ‘get to know me better,’” he says languidly. I can hardly believe my ears.

~~*o0o*~~


“Did I misinterpret you, Miss Granger? I do believe you’re the one who expressed an interest in me these a last few years, and made the assumption regarding my interest in you. Yes, I have watched you, and yes, I acknowledge that I find you to be a remarkable young witch. I have watched you grow and mature into the witch I knew you’d become and I admit, you intrigue me.” I watch the emotions war on her face, pleased to see no condemnation or repulsion in her eyes. So far so good. Could she possibly? Do I really dare? “You do understand that as my student I will not – cannot make any advances toward your person, however, I am not unwilling to allow you to become familiar with me. If upon your graduation you still desire to explore the possibility of getting to know me further… I would be amendable to the idea.” Good Mother of Merlin, I said it. Now all I have to do is wait for her response.

~~*o0o*~~


I actually feel gobsmacked. My mind is in a whirl, completely, totally, and utterly swimming. “Did he just admit feelings for me? Am I getting detention with him or is this something else?”

He smiled again. “No, you are not getting a detention, although that is exactly what you will tell your friends your evenings with me will be,” he said and I suddenly feel mortified. “I’m afraid you are still under the effects of the potions, Miss Granger. You are mumbling your thoughts quite audibly.”

“You mean that you do want to get to know me?” I’ve never felt so exposed in my dressing robe and pajamas before.

His hand touches my face with the most feather-light caress I have ever felt. “I do know you, enough to consider developing a relationship once you are no longer my student. However, I feel that it would behoove you to consider carefully your request of getting to know me better. You may not like what you discover.”

~~*o0o*~~


She’s looking up at me, and the hopeful delight in her expression is encouraging.

“I think I’d like to make that decision for myself.” She’s obviously drawing on her courage, possibly emboldened by the possibility I’m offering her.

I know now I have not made a mistake taking this chance with her. “Fine, be in my office tomorrow after dinner.” I rose to go, looking down at her. “Do you feel well enough to return to your dormitory or would you like to spend the night here?”

“No, sir, I think I can make it back to my common room,” she replies, sitting up.

I wait, watching her for any signs of dizziness, but she seems to have recovered. “Very well, you may go.” I walk her to the door and to the stairs leading up to Gryffindor tower. “Good, night, Miss Granger.”

~~*o0o*~~


I started up the stairs to my common room, turning back to see him watching me, twice. The second time he smirked at me and turned to leave. I still cannot believe what just happened.

As soon as I scramble though the portrait hole, Harry, Ron, Neville, Lavender, and Ginny all come running over to me, all talking at once, wanting to know what happened to me and if I actually did my dare. “Of course I did – I’ve not developed a pig nose and rabbit ears, have I?”

“Your potion didn’t work, Lavender.” She tries to deny it, but Neville looks abashed. “It’s okay. I did tell Professor Snape your dribble and ended up in the hospital wing for some Mind-Clarity Potion. I think there was too much lovage or scurvy-grass in your potion. Thankfully, Professor Snape recognized the symptoms and reacted quickly. However, I must thank you for the detentions I’ll have this week, Lavender.” I grabbed the bag from Lavender’s hand and reached into it, drawing out Harry’s name. Darn! I wanted either Lavender or Neville. “So I assume we are still playing?”

~~*o0o*~~


Bullocks. Well at least we’re down to only Ginny, Harry, and me, although why on earth Ginny would give me this dare I have no idea. Of course we’ve used the Befuddlement Draught again. No, I’m not daft enough to fall for that inept potion again!

I knock on his door feeling a sense of dread and anticipation. Go down to Snape’s door and wish him good night? Bloody Budgers!

He opens the door, looking at me first in mild surprise, then somewhat incensed. “I’m sorry, sir. You see, we are still playing truth and dare. So, I’ve come to wish you… goodnight.” There I said it.

He opens his door wider and ushers me inside. “Are you possibly on that Befuddlement Draught again?” he asks.

“No, sir. Well, I was supposed to drink some more, but I vanquished the contents of the bottle before I faked drinking it. But you see if I don’t do the dare I will get a pig nose and rabbit ears for whole weekend… I feel like an imbecile – I should just go. I’m sorry to have disturbed you.”

“I don’t mind, actually.” He smiles and tips my face up with his hand. “Will you allow me an indulgence, Hermione?”

He said my name, and the way it rolled off his tongue nearly makes my knees weak again. All I can do is nod as his head moves closer and his lips brush mine. It’s a simple kiss, warm, soft and I feel as if I’m floating. It’s over too soon and I stare at him, gobsmacked by his actions for the second time tonight.

“Good night, Hermione,” he said languidly. “Tell your friends that they should conclude this game. If I see anyone out in the corridors I’ll take fifty points apiece and give them detention with Filch.”

I run back to my common room and announce that Professor Snape is going to be in the corridor outside the portrait hole, waiting, and that we should call the game quits.

I go up to my bed, never looking forward to an evening more than I do tomorrow’s.


~Fin~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*o0o*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author’s notes:

Dedicated to and inspired by Alexannah Harlequin, thank you for the challenge. I hope this lives up to your expiations. I really enjoyed writing this one.

The challenge made was: So, I have five separate shopping lists, and I guess if anyone’s inspired you can just start writing… I’d love to see what everyone makes of them!

1: Mirror, Lavender Brown, April Fool(s), Umbrella, and Homework

2: Atlantis, Music, Broomstick, Clock, and Lion

3: Goat, Aberforth (naturally came after “goat”), Angel, Prisoner, and Symbol

4: Book, Apple, Cupboard, Puppet, and Restricted Section

5: Key, Pizza, Train, Summer, and Tom Riddle(/Voldemort)

Random or what? I just looked around my room and came up with all that. (And before you ask how I came up with “Atlantis,” it’s the title of one of the books on my shelves. Ditto some of the other things.)

Just one more request: can we keep the rating to PG-13 max for this challenge? Thanks



Merlin Bless Befuddlement Draughts! by beaweasley2 [Reviews - 10]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved