Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

A Handful of Jewels by Ladymage Samiko [Reviews - 17]

<<

Would you like to submit a review?

Gathering Gems




Many years ago, Severus Snape had owned a desk for grading reprehensible essays. It had been bare of everything except the essentials: quill, ink, lamp. His only photograph—now destroyed—had been kept buried in a heavily warded drawer.

Much later, a new desk was graced by a new photograph: a smug-looking man, his smiling bride on his arm. Hermione leaned over every so often to whisper to him, her wicked expression preceding his startled one.

A second photograph had now joined it. Chaos reigned therein: eight young girls were sitting, standing, climbing on, and embracing two proud, laughing parents.





AN: The first version of this was darker in tone; it omitted the last paragraph entirely. But since I was writing this particularly for the last paragraph, I edited out much of the original detail. Anyhow, the S/H pic was inspired by the end credits of the film 'The Quiet Man' with John Wayne & Maureen O'Hara.





Flawed Setting




“She’s going to get her heart broken.”

Hermione laid her head on his shoulder, eyes dark with pain. “I know; I wish there was something we could do.”

Severus shifted, wrapping his arms around his wife, and she revelled in his solid warmth against her back. Together, they watched their next-to-youngest daughter, Aussie, dancing brilliantly with Theodosius Wandwell— Hogwarts’s Seventh Year Lothario. Already, keen-eyed parents could see the way his attention was wandering.

“When the time comes, I’ll kill him,” he growled into her ear.

Hermione placed her hands over his. “I’ll help you bury the body, beloved,” she promised.





AN: Inspired by Alan Rickman's line in the movie, Blow Dry: 'He's going to get his heart broke—if it isn't already.'





The Errant Italian




“Mummy!” The wail only barely anticipated running feet. Hermione, enjoying some time in Severus’s lap, disengaged herself just enough for decency.

“What’s wrong, Nessa?” she asked the crying eight-year-old.

“I can’t find San Lorenzo di Medici!” little Nerissa hiccoughed.

“Now, dearest…” Hermione smoothed rampant curls. “You’re well able to find him yourself, you know.”

Owl-eyed, Nerissa objected, “But the law, Mummy…”

Severus shot his wife an amused look. “Bug—“ he began, then coughed. “It doesn’t apply in emergencies, Nessa.” Anyway, the house was warded.

Nessa, though unconvinced, obediently recited, “Accio San Lorenzo!”

The errant teddy bear flew into her hands.





A.N.—I've given my own stuffed toys some very elaborate names in my time. Such as Perseus Wilbur Irving… Pig. Still not quite sure where I picked up the Irving… I'd've given San Lorenzo an even longer name, but, well, drabble. Cheers! (^_^)





False Stones




The owl, a standard Hogwarts screech, slipped through the library’s clerestory window. Severus and Hermione watched, curious, as it dropped a packet in their daughter’s lap.

“Who’s it from, Aussie?” Hermione asked.

Augusta shrugged. “I don’t recognize the writing,” she replied before neatly slitting it open, disclosing a half-dozen photographs and a note. The girl went pale— and very still.

She rose, gathering every drop of Snape dignity around her. “Excuse me,” she said, and walked from the room.

Her parents gathered up a single fallen photograph: Augusta’s boyfriend, entwined with another girl.

It burned quite nicely in the fireplace.





Diamond-cut




Nessa hovered in the doorway, hesitant to enter with her sister there, white and tearless, mindlessly stroking Tiberius, the family Puffble.

Grim, Nerissa gripped her wand and Disapparated.




“What the—?” Theo glared angrily at the dark-curled witch.

“Bastard,” she spat. “You think you can treat my sister like this and get away with it?”

Theo merely smirked at the Fifth-Year. “You think I would be scared of a kid like you? Little Nessa, the Snape baby?”

The next moment found Theo writhing on the floor. “You forgot,” Nerissa informed him coldly, “the Snape baby is still her father’s daughter.”





AN: Hadn't really thought to follow up on 'Flawed Setting', but, well… (^_^;) An extra cookie for those who know why we've named the Puffble (Imogen's 'invention') 'Tiberius'.


A Handful of Jewels by Ladymage Samiko [Reviews - 17]

<<

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved