Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Not Knowing by siriusbusiness [Reviews - 4]


Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: Not mine, never will be.

A/N This is only the second fic I’ve ever written so please be nice. It’s a companion piece to “That which the Lord Knows Not of”. I recommend you read that first, its better. I’ll be starting to write a chaptered story soon; it might even include some dialogue!
Special thanks to my best friend, who wishes to remain unnamed at this time, for reviewing this.



Not Knowing

She wished she could say it was his talent that drew her to him. Or his intelligence, bravery and ambition. Even his cunning. Those were the attributes one should admire, if they could get past his acerbic nature. It’s not like she could say it was his looks that attracted her; he was far from handsome. And although his piercing eyes, sharp jaw and graceful hands did hold a small measure of appeal, that wasn’t the reason she craved him. No, it was his ability to make her feel alive. Alive in a way that nothing had since the war. When he looked at her she forgot that she was still a child. She forgot she was just a bookworm. She forgot the person everyone believed her to be, naïve, plain, overly zealous. She could see the hurt, the anger, the need for something or someone to fix him. She could feel the atrocities he had witnessed and participated in. She knew he was not safe, not comfortable. And she knew that she really didn’t know that much. What he was capable of, what he wanted. But for once not knowing was exactly what she wanted. That’s why she was fascinated by him. She wanted to discover if maybe some of what he’d seen and done, some of his darkness would rub off on her. And maybe save them both.

That’s why when she went to thank him on the last day of her apprenticeship; she didn’t shy away from the hunger in his eyes. That’s why; when he kissed her fiercely she wrapped her arms around his neck and matched his ferocity. And that’s why, when he picked her up and carried her to his bedroom, she let him. Knowing this would change, maybe save, them both.


Not Knowing by siriusbusiness [Reviews - 4]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved