Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Challenge fics > 100 word challenges

After the Battle by dogstar06 [Reviews - 6]


Would you like to submit a review?

She sat on the edge of the cot nearest the window in the Hospital Wing, staring blankly as silent tears traced damp lines down her cheeks. It was over. The darkest and most dangerous wizard in history had fallen. It was over.

She shuddered as a great invisible weight was removed from her shoulders— the weight of uncertainty, of dogged determination, of experience beyond her years. But just this weight lifted, another heavier, more oppressive, took its place.

She felt it settling upon her, felt the increased beating of her heart, felt the struggle to breath, felt the sting of her salt tears. It was over. He was gone. Her protector, her friend, her lover.

“Severus.” A whisper so quiet she was not sure she’d spoken. She gazed out the window toward Hogsmeade, toward the Shrieking Shack. He was there. Severus. Severus was lying there, alone, in a pool of his own blood. Dead. It was over. He was gone. Severus was dead. Severus, who was never his own master, who was precise and brilliant and full of secrets, who smelled of the earth and summer rain, who smiled when she was in his arms, who loved her—was dead.


After the Battle by dogstar06 [Reviews - 6]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved