Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Tale of the Nightshirt by Ladymage Samiko [Reviews - 8]

>>

Would you like to submit a review?

A/N: This series was originally written for the GS100 'grey nightshirt' challenge. This chapter contains what were originally three sections.




Tale of the Nightshirt
Lights Out



Loud. Insistent. Irritating. Someone was banging on her door. At four in the morning. Who in the hell would be at her door at four in the damned morning?

Whoever it was would be very, very sorry.

Severus waited outside the chit's door, wand tapping in annoyance. What was taking her so bloody long?

The door was suddenly yanked open. "What the hell do you want?" Hermione snapped.

Severus didn't answer. He was too busy gaping at the hem of her grey T-shirt, which was only just long enough to cover the essentials.

He never saw the right hook coming.





Rising Sun



Snape's scowl, it must be said, wasn't nearly so intimidating when it was filtered through a darkening black eye. The glare he gave her when she handed him an ice pack didn't quite work right either.

Not to mention that it was pretty obvious he was ogling her bum when he thought she wasn't looking. The ogling definitely took the Evil Bastard edge off.

It was a good enough reason not to run and change.

But still, what in the hell was he doing here? Hermione repeated the question aloud.

Distracted by the crossing of legs, Severus intelligently replied, "What?"





Flight of Fancy



"I won't ask again," Hermione said darkly.

Recovering somewhat, Snape dragged his eyes from shirt-hem to face. "There is," he drawled slowly, "an emergency at the Ministry."

Hermione made a face. "Which means, I suppose," she huffed, "that someone's let a niffler loose, or something similar. I don't imagine you know?" He shook his head silently. "Didn't think so. Well," she said, hauling herself up from the couch, "I better change and be off. Bloody Ministry."

"Why in Merlin's name do you work there?" Snape inquired.

Hermione shrugged before disappearing into her bedroom. "It's the only game in town, sir."




Hermione began feeling guilty as she slipped her nightshirt off. It wasn't Snape's fault. He'd been indentured to the Ministry as a sort of glorified errand boy after the war. (They'd called it 'reparation'.) And it certainly wasn't his fault she hadn't put a robe on. Nor that she was a right bitch when awakened.

And, to be perfectly honest, it felt nice to be thought worth ogling.

"You're…" she called hesitantly, "you're welcome to stay as long as you like. No reason one of us shouldn't get some sleep. I know it's a long flight since I've no Floo."




Snape was absolutely gobsmacked. She'd opened her home (not that it was much) to him. The feeling didn't abate as he watched her bustle about purposefully, collecting the what-not she might need. She picked out the last things, stuffing them in her purse, then dropped a key into his hand.

"Just lock up," she told him, "if you leave before I return."

She had to have been distracted. That must have been it. For, as she left, she leaned over, kissing his cheek as a friend might.

And then there was only her scent of roses in the air.


Tale of the Nightshirt by Ladymage Samiko [Reviews - 8]

>>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved