Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

When I'm Old and Grey by Prof M McGonagall [Reviews - 25]


Would you like to submit a review?

A/N: A lot of this belongs to J.K. Rowling. The rest belongs to me, but I am still making no money from it. Thanks to Karelia, whose beta skills made this story better.


Snape sat in the Three Broomsticks, his Potions Monthly magazine set aside. Drumming his long fingers against his glass, he glared at the door. Why agree to meet early if she wasn’t punctual?

It wasn’t long before she entered the pub. The wind had blown her bushy, brown hair into chaos, but it had also brought a becoming blush into her cheeks and put a sparkle in her brown eyes. She quickly scanned the pub.

Snape stood as she walked, smiling, towards him. They enfolded each other in a tight hug. Alexander Snape smiled fondly at his sister. “Hi, Cass.”

**********

“We’re waiting for Mum and Dad?” Cassandra asked, sitting.

“Yes, I don’t want Mum giving me lessons in manners,” replied Alexander. “She’s teaching me housecleaning charms that my future wife will appreciate. She asked me what I think of Lily Potter. Lily’s almost like a sister. Ugh!”

“Would Dad talk to her?”

“No. Dad would tell me that potions sales and manufacturing is a waste of my talent. His research is educational; mine is just foolishness. Imagine what Dad’s reaction would be if I told him the Weasley twins make more money in one year than he makes in ten.”

**********

“How’s life, Cass?”

“Oh… fine.”

“Really?”

“Well, Mum has given me another revision schedule for NEWTs. Dad has started following me whenever Nigel Longbottom and I leave the common room. We can’t even walk by the lake! He’s making Nigel’s life impossible in class, even though Nigel’s much better at Potions than his dad was. And… I really like Nigel. The whole thing is embarrassing.”

“You know what worries me, Cass? Everyone says we’re just like our parents. Do you think we’ll be like them when we’re old and grey?”

“Alex, if I ever get like that, please hex me.”

**********

The elder Snapes appeared, blowing in through the door on a strong gust of wind. “Blasted wind!” Severus snapped.

“I told you to wear your cloak, but you didn’t,” scolded Hermione.

“I assure you, madam, I can still cast a warming charm,” was the response.

Hermione paused to remove her cloak. Severus reached around her to unfasten the clasp, resting his hands on her shoulders as he did. Hermione turned, gazing lovingly into his eyes. Severus kissed her temple tenderly as he removed her cloak.

Cassie sighed. “If I’m still that much in love, don’t hex me after all, Alex.”


When I'm Old and Grey by Prof M McGonagall [Reviews - 25]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved