Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

It Started With a Kiss by kes the hatless [Reviews - 9]


Would you like to submit a review?

It Started With a Kiss.

Disclaimer: All the characters belong to JKR. I merely sit at my laptop and tap away, hoping for something half as decent.

~*~

It started with a kiss, a most unexpected (although not unpleasant) kiss. I looked up and saw his eyes hooded, guarded. Not at all what I had expected. Not that I had expected anything. It had been dark, by the lake, on that evening of my youngest child's graduation and I stood there wondering what her father would say if he were here to witness her distinction.

But he hadn't been here for a long time. I knew that. I had taken sanctuary at Hogwarts two months after the father of my children had been killed at work. Why he had chosen to be an Auror after all the pain we had seen was beyond me. The one person I had expected to brush my children and myself aside had been the one who helped me the most. Not with the children, Lord no; he was never one for babysitting a Weasley.

Instead he offered me words. As a woman who loved them, how could I not love him too? They were not all pleasant, naturally, but they all proved correct in the end. As I grew into Hogwarts and the home it had become, I came to realise that it would be possible to love two men; two very different men, and in very different ways. My husband was dead, buried but still alive in my children. The other? I could see that without my care and attention he too would die wounded. I could not let it happen again.

But I would not let myself be driven by temptation. He said nothing, of course, but I thought I caught the occasional glance in my direction. I felt the gentle brush of his hand against my back as he ushered me through a door, and I saw the concerned frown when I picked at my dinner.

Finally, after years of waiting, he came to me. I was released from my self-inflicted vows the moment my children left Hogwarts forever, and now I could allow myself to be his. But how to say it? What if I was wrong? What if I merely hoped for affection? Surely I would die.

Then I heard his footsteps and I knew I was safe. Safer than I had been for years and years, and I turned for him to embrace me.

And he did.

~*~


It Started With a Kiss by kes the hatless [Reviews - 9]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved