Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Fluff

All of the Above by syren_grey [Reviews - 10]


Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: I do not own anything; I am only a humble beggar, playing with JKR’s character’s and world.

All of the Above

“Why, Granger, do you insist on tormenting me day in and day out?” he hissed at his nervous apprentice. She was standing on the other side of the lab bench; mouth still poised to ask another question.

“Why,” he continued, now moving slowly around the bench, as if stalking his prey, “do you always have a quandary that can only be asked of me? Why do you fill my days with your inane prattle and endless theories?”

“Do you take some pleasure in torturing me? Do you enjoy seeing me sneer at you? Is it that you find some kind of perverse joy when I have to correct you? Some deranged pleasure when I correct your stirring motion, or hand you a book to prove you wrong? Is that your addiction? Please enlighten me, Miss Granger. Why do you crave my attention?” As Snape finished, his voice dropped to a low growl, directly in front of the flushed young woman.

Hermione Granger stood frozen, now only inches away from her own tormentor. In a voice more fragile than the dew, she spoke, “All of the above, sir.”

Snape only glared at her, forcing her to repeat herself more clearly. She spoke again, finding more of her voice, “All of the above.”

With a deep breath and a prayer for courage, she explained, “I torture you because you torture both my waking fantasies and my dreams. I love when your face curls into a superior sneer when you are right. I adore learning from you, and I adore the sarcastic comments that you twist into compliments. My very soul nearly bursts into song when your hand takes mine over a cauldron. My heart swells with joy when you trust me with one of your own beloved books. You have become my addiction, Severus Snape. I am helpless but to feed the addiction day in and day out. You have my heart and my love; it is only natural that I crave your attention.”

The room fell as silent as a tomb. Hermione forced herself to meet Severus’s disbelieving gaze if only to have the opportunity to stare in to those eyes of deepest night. Severus could only stare into the bourbon-colored eyes of the woman before him, as if struggling to comprehend her impassioned declaration.

After an eternity, he spoke. “Yes, it is only natural that your heart is with me, as you have possessed mine for an age.” He swept her into an embrace, gently brushing her lips with his fingers before replacing them with his lips in a crushing kiss. They both poured years of waiting and wondering, of love and lust into this first kiss. Reluctantly separating, his lips curled in a small smile. Her eyes filled with tears of joy when next he spoke. “Come home with me, Hermione Granger, and torment me forever.”’




The next morning a very smug and sated Hermione started to move against her new lover. A few incoherent words heralded him as awake, if reluctantly. Kissing his neck, she spoke, “So, my love, what happened to you that you came to love me? Is it that I am your match in temper and intelligence? Is it that I can carry on a potions conversation even as well as yourself?”

Capturing his lips then his gaze with her own, she continued in a soft, uncertain voice. “Or is it that you finally noticed the love shining in my eyes only for you? Did you finally allow yourself to love and to be loved? Have you allowed yourself to dream of a life with your beloved…me?”

He smiled softly and kissed her gently, smoothing his hand through her hair and down her side, drawing her body against his. Hermione snuggled into his warmth, tucking her head under his chin. She felt a kiss pressed to the top of her head. After a moment that seemed eternal, with a rough voice he answered, “All of the above, beloved. All of the above.”


End.








Author’s Notes: Just a warning, this is my first try at any fan fiction so please, please help me to better my work by reviewing. Remember, the karma gods bless reviewers. May the karma gods also bless my practically perfect in every way beta, Kerry. You are the best, woman. Anyone reading this fluff has her to thank for making it fit for human consumption.


All of the Above by syren_grey [Reviews - 10]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved