Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

A Kiss by ksevfansd [Reviews - 11]


Would you like to submit a review?

A/N: This is the last in a series: A Smile, A Touch, A Breath, and A Kiss. While each one stands on its own, they are more fun if read together. I appreciate everyone’s patience. I hope you find it worth the wait.

A Kiss

She watched the dark haired man as he prepared the ingredients for the healing potions they were working on. He glanced over at her causing her to look away in embarrassment. The comfortable ease had been shattered to be replaced by the nervous tension that now permeated their relationship. She missed the way they had been together.

The silence was heavy with unspoken words and suppressed emotions. She could tell that he was affected as well; his breathing was ragged when he was close to her and his hand trembled oh so slightly. She had to wonder if this was because he had feelings for her or if he was just reacting to her nervousness. She wanted to believe that he cared for her, needed her, but her yearning heart could just be looking for things that were not there. It was so tempting to just go back to the way it was before (if this was even possible). She had gained so much…he had trusted her. That in itself was a major accomplishment. But she had wanted more and now she felt as if she had crossed some invisible, irreversible line.

She watched him work once more; her eyes ready to retreat if discovered. He chopped the necessary ingredients with fervor. She knew he was irritable, angry even. He look as if he were about to explode with emotion. None of it tender and sweet.

She quickly looked down as he stood up and moved toward her. He put the items next to her on the table. The cauldron was starting to bubble; they were ready for the next step. She was painfully aware of how close he was to her. Her hands shook as she added each ingredient. She knew he had to have noticed but he said not a word as he stirred the cauldron the required number of times.

She looked up at him through her lashes. His face was grim; his lips pursed tightly together as if he was afraid of what would come out of them.

He seemed to be furious.

Oh, what had she done? Had it been worth it? The sudden fear that their relationship was ruined overcame her.

She had been greedy, never satisfied. Her constant need for knowledge, for more, had driven her too far.

Suddenly she couldn’t take it anymore. Fear tugged at her. What if he sent her away….. No longer wanting her around? It fueled her anger at herself. She had done this. She had pushed them to this point.

She threw the next ingredient into the potion. Her thoughts were consumed with self loathing as she absently looked up at the man beside her. The expression on his face jolted her into awareness. He was angry, frustrated and hurt; at that moment the realization struck her; he thought she was angry at him. His look became hard as he looked away, ready to retreat behind the wall he had built around himself.

What had she done? Without thinking, she reached out and touched his hand, her fingers barely brushing against his palm. Her touch was light but it held him.

Neither moved as the moment stretched on. In that one touch, she conveyed her insecurities as well as her needs, wants, and desires. She didn’t want the moment to end. It was like a balm on her frayed nerves. It was an anchor holding them in a sea of uncertain waters.

She looked up into his face. He was watching her and although she couldn’t tell what he was thinking or feeling, she suddenly knew with certainty that he was going to kiss her. As he stepped toward her, she responded by leaning into him. Her heightened senses were becoming overloaded. His fingers moved in hers. The movement was slight and sensual, causing her to catch her breath in anticipation. His uneven breathing matched hers. As they drew closer she was enveloped in his presence: the feel of him, the smell of him, and the sight of him. She kept her eyes open, not wanting to miss a moment.

She was close to him so close she could see the pores on his skin. She could feel him before they even touched. As his lips finally touched hers, she closed her eyes. She wanted to feel only this – the touch of his lips, his kiss.

The kiss was soft and gentle yet awkward. An uncertainty born of many things: unknown territory, a previous underused skill, and a nervous need to please. It was not an unpleasant sensation for they shared it. Their confidence grew and she felt a need building. A need to go further a desire to have more. A sensation so strong, she could feel it there, on the edge pushing her further. She sensed the same need in him, a want to go further. Even though, she held it at bay. This moment so fragile and sweet deserved its time and so she controlled her need to explore, to know all, to push everything to its limits. She just enjoyed the moment. The soft tender kiss that held the edge of promise. There would be a time later to explore, to know, to conquer.

The kiss ended like it had started, slowly, hesitantly as if unsure of what had happened or what to do next. She looked up at him this man who had turned her whole world around. He had made her feel, over the years, anger, fear, anticipation, joy, and many other emotions she couldn’t explain. She didn’t know what to expect. What would she see in his face? She felt vulnerable, raw. He had her heart and could do whatever he wanted with it. As she gazed up at him she realized the expression on his face and in his eyes were the same.

He smiled.


A Kiss by ksevfansd [Reviews - 11]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved