Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered by bluestocking79 [Reviews - 12]


Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: These characters belong to J.K. Rowling, not to me. I'm only having a bit of fun with them and make no profit in doing so.
Note: The title is taken from the Rodgers and Hart song of the same title.



Severus had approximately the same level of interest in women's jewellery as he had in the migratory patterns of Nargles or the details of Ronald Weasley's sex life—which was to say, none at all.

However.

The new Transfiguration Professor, he'd discovered, had a pair of moonstone earrings that were mysteriously, damnably distracting. She was incessantly wearing them, and without fail, Severus found his gaze magnetically drawn to their pearly lustre, despite the best of intentions to ignore Professor Granger and her thrice-damned accessories.

He couldn't think why they were so distracting. They were well crafted, perhaps, if you were knowledgeable about that sort of thing. (Severus wasn't.) They were fine specimens of moonstone, soft white and faintly luminous—nearly Potions-grade stuff, he noted with grudging approval—and they were surrounded by a delicate filigree of finely wrought silver.

Pretty things, he supposed, but as he'd long considered himself immune to beauty, he found himself perplexed at the source of the attraction. So far as he could discern, there was no enchantment on them, either recent or modern. He'd checked, although Granger didn't seem the type to try and attract attention that way.

There was nothing to them. They were simply a pair of earrings.

Yet still, though he knew it was completely, frustratingly illogical, he found his head turning in Granger's direction at every meal, every staff meeting. His eyes would seek out the shining stones, dangling artfully from her delicate ears, and without conscious thought, he would drink in the sight of the earrings. From there, his gaze travelled to her adjacent jaw line, so virtuous and determined, and the pale, creamy flesh of her slender neck—and then, perhaps, the hand that cupped her chin just so (how practically the short nails were trimmed), or the incorrigible curls that had escaped her braid and nestled along her throat (they were a striking mixture of amber/chestnut/gold/auburn in the sunlight)…

And then the meeting would be over and people would be rising to leave, as Severus awoke from his daze, having lost the last hour in contemplation of Professor Granger's damnable earrings and having somehow acquired an incredibly inconvenient erection in the process.

Worst of all, Granger always smiled warmly at Severus afterward, her eyes twinkling as though she knew exactly what she'd done to him. He had a sinking feeling she'd got the impression that he liked her. Which he didn't. Not at all.

It was just the earrings that had somehow bewitched him.

He clung to this theory like a drowning man to a lifeline—but somehow, he believed it a bit less each time he repeated it to himself.


Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered by bluestocking79 [Reviews - 12]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved