Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Dungeon of Drabbles by Ladymage Samiko [Reviews - 5]

<<

Would you like to submit a review?

belief



I ~ Severus

     He had his wand to her throat, but she didn't even stop stirring.

     "I could've captured you already, if that's what I'd wanted," she pointed out. "I've been here for an hour. Besides, if you use that, you'll have to start running again and it'd be a pity when the soup's almost done."

     He slowly lowered his wand. What she'd said was true; he hadn't even heard her enter the tiny room. She could have killed him right then and there if she'd wanted and been perfectly justified when the Aurors came for his corpse.

     "Why? How?" he asked simply.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
II ~ Hermione

     He'd been dead to the world when she'd picked the lock. It was heartbreaking to see the lean figure almost skeletal, the sword-sharp instincts subsumed under exhaustion. He'd been running too long, too hard.

     He'd been forced to.

     She poured soup into bowls. "I've always known where you were," she told him as he stared. "I created an Arithmantic tracker when I learned you were a spy. It seemed prudent." She pushed a spoon into his hand and watched him begin to wolf the food down. "As for why..." She hesitated.

     "I love you, Severus. And I believe in you."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
III ~ repudio

     He stared, his hand frozen in mid-air. "Impossible."

     "Improbable," she corrected, "but not impossible."

     Seconds seemed to become hours as they sat across the table from each other. It occurred to him that, in some absurd fashion, this was rather a domestic scene. Perhaps the strain of the past year had truly broken something in his brain. In lieu of giving her an answer, he re-applied himself to the food. It was surprisingly good, better than anything he'd eaten since... then. Or maybe he was just desperate.

     Maybe she was, to have gone to these lengths just to find him.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IV ~ assumo

     She watched him indulgently, resting her chin on interlaced fingers. He didn't--couldn't--believe her. But give him time. He hadn't had the years it had taken her to come to terms. And he--they--had far more important things to deal with.

     "I've made arrangements." The silence shattered into fragments. "You can stay at my parents'; no one will think to look for you there."

     If he had been anyone else, his jaw would have dropped. As it was, his eyes widened slightly. "Don't be absurd."


     "I'm not," she informed him. "I'm in love; that makes me a fool, but not absurd."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
V ~ termino

     He snorted. "A fool, then."

     The sound of Apparation startled him into movement, but he had lost too much of his edge to react quickly enough. His only impression was of red hair before meaningless words and too-brilliant light.

     Odd, he heard her clearly, screaming his name as something collided with him.

     His arms were full of her; he felt her jerk and stiffen, saw shock in her eyes. She slumped against him, forcing him to the floor.

     Weasley's shocked voice. "What the fuck happened?"

     His hand trembled as he brushed hair from her face. "She said she loved me."



11/6 - 11/9/06
Inspired by the grangersnape100 'runaway' challenge.



Penelope



     She sits, gazing out the window. Her hair has grown quite long now, down to her ankles. He'd always loved her hair, with its rampant, untamable luxury. Glasses perch atop the curls; she'd finally had to admit that years of reading had taken their toll on her sight. Still, she could see well enough without them. She'd recognize his expression the second he stepped into the room.

     Her friends, their footsteps unheard, watch her from the open door. "How long's Hermione been waiting?" Ron asks, his voice low.

     Harry pauses, calculating. "It's been seventy-three years now, Ron, since Snape disappeared."



12/05/06



As Ashes



     He found the blackened relic on the floor beside her bed. Ignoring the grey ash that streaked his robes, he knelt by the thing, rescuing it from the smothering layers. He turned the curse-scorched, time-worn object slowly in his hands. How many times had he seen her with it, toting it around like a mature version of a teddy bear? And in all these years, she'd never tired of it. It had been her defining emblem, her symbol of what she fought for, believed in and loved. His fingers brushed away the debris, disclosing the gold-embossed words: Hogwarts: A History.



Title from a line of The Shipwrecked Sailor:
'I shall cause you to know yourself as ashes.'

4/16/07
For the grangersnape100 'Hogwarts, A History' challenge.



Aoratos



     First is sound. Slightly harsh breaths as he sleeps, the ever-so-slight rustle of faint movement.

     Sound makes me keenly aware of touch. Always slightly distant, but close enough that his breath stirs my hair, tickles my ear. And always, always, a warm hand heavy at my waist.

     I'm unfailingly amazed that after the night's rest, however long, the taste of him remains, sharply sweet.

     Sharp, too, is his scent, redolent of the rosemary he works with, shaded with other aromatics and his own underlying character.

     No, I cannot understand why I should need to see Severus to know he's there.



5/15/07


Dungeon of Drabbles by Ladymage Samiko [Reviews - 5]

<<

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved