Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Snippets of Life by Juli_Min [Reviews - 13]


Would you like to submit a review?

This collection of drabbles is a result of my participation in the grangersnape100 drabble community.

I will add more of those little written pieces now and again.


In this chapter are featured:

The Seven Deadly Sins:

1. Pride/Vanity is excessive belief in one's own abilities, which interferes with the individual's spirituality. It is the sin from which all others arise.

2. Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

3. Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

4. Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

5. Anger/Wrath manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts for fury instead.

6. Greed/Avarice is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual.

7. Sloth is the avoidance of work.

Disclaimer: I checked this morning but I still haven't turned into J.K. Rowling. The characters and everything you recognize are hers.



Want (Lust/Gluttony)

"Severus... you promised…"

"Not today, Hermione. I'm tired."

"Pretty please! It won't take long."

"We've done it twice this week already. Isn't that enough?"

"You think I'm fat, don't you?"

"No, I…"

"You don't love me anymore."

"I do. I'm just knackered."

"It's your duty as my husband. I want it now."

"If you need it that desperately, why don't you do it yourself?"

"It's not the same."

"Maybe tomorrow. Please, my love, I’ve had a hard day."

"I'll ask Ron to help out then."

"WHAT?! I'll not have that dunderhead in my kitchen. I'll make your effing chocolate pudding."



Rage (Anger/Envy)

A distinctly female giggle of delight met his ears as he neared her door.

"I love you, you know?" came the voice of the woman he loved.

Rage clouded his vision. He was going to rip whoever it was in half. No one touched what was his and lived to tell the tale.

"No, don't lick there! It tickles."

He yanked the door open violently, wand drawn, ready to hex the bastard the moment he saw him.

He stopped short at the sight that met his eyes. Hermione sat on the floor with a freshly-groomed Crookshanks in her lap.



Mirror, Mirror (Pride/Vanity)

Severus stood in front of the huge bathroom mirror, practicing poses for the photographers that would surely accost him at the celebration.

"Oh, don't we look good today? Yes, we certainly do, all shiny and clean. Noble even."

He reached up to tie his hair back, and puffed out his chest.

Seconds later, the door creaked open and a sour-looking Hermione entered.

"We really have to go, Severus. We are already late."

"Just a second, I need to…"

"No, you polished your bloody Order of Merlin for hours already."

"I should have bought the robes with the gold trimming…"



Mine! (Greed)

"Mine. MINE!" A maniacal laugh ruined the silence of the castle, its echo carrying far through the old stone corridors.

People heading for an early breakfast stopped in their tracks. The eerie sound abated, to be replaced by the roar of a furious Severus Snape.

He stormed down the stairs, following the evil cackle into the depth of his dungeon home.

He found Hermione on the floor between wooden splinters and wrapping paper.

"I see you have found your birthday present."

"My precious," was his only answer, as she lovingly stroked the spine of the first edition Hogwarts, A History.



Oh, Sevvy (Sloth)

"How do you feel today, my love?" Hermione asked concernedly.

"Better," Severus rasped, wincing as he got up. "I think I'll get back to work today." On shaky legs he tried moving towards the bathroom.

"No, you aren't healthy enough."

"But, my love…"

"No 'buts'. I'll make you breakfast. When I'm finished you are resting!" That said Hermione departed for the kitchen. She was very worried about him.

Severus meanwhile returned to the bed with a big grin on his face. It felt so good to be pampered. Maybe he'd even get Hermione to give him a sponge bath later.



A/N: I hope you all enjoyed my little drabbles.

Please review, the plot bunnies are hungry.

A big thank you to my beta Alexandria aka starlightaphrodite.


Snippets of Life by Juli_Min [Reviews - 13]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved