Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Redemption & Brandy by lady_rhian [Reviews - 6]

>>

Would you like to submit a review?

Disclaimer: JKR owns it all.

A/N: Thanks to all the lovely ladies at the grangersnape100 over at LJ for being fantastic muses and for fighting inspiring wars. :)

Here are the first five drabbles in a series of ten.

---

“This is a superb cup of coffee, Minerva,” Hermione said, sipping her cup of dark roast in the headmistress’ office.

“I’m quite fond of it myself.” Minerva smiled at her old friend, now colleague. “Have I told you how glad I am that you were able to take the position on such short notice?”

“Many times.”

“Well, I’m glad,” Minerva said, unruffled. “What with the war going on.”

“It’s almost done,” Hermione said, trying to reassure her mentor.

“I won’t rest easy until Voldemort is three years dead in his grave,” Minerva muttered, gulping her coffee.

Hermione paused. “Point taken.”

---

“Flitwick’s death was sad but inevitable. Even goblin blood doesn’t ensure immortality,” Minerva laughed.

Hermione joined her. Several hours had passed, the two friends nattering on in Minerva’s office. The sun had set, and the cups of dark roast had been discarded in favor of glasses of brandy.

“I must say, dear,” Minerva said, “I was as shocked as everyone when the letters were found. I’ve known the boy since he was a student, but he had even me convinced.”

“Mmm,” Hermione said, seemingly in agreement. Two long years had passed since Albus’ death. It had only been six months since the letters had been discovered.

Dumbledore’s letters.

The Atonement Letters.

---

SNAPE CLEARED OF ALL CHARGES.

That was what the Daily Prophet had printed.

Minerva’s voice faded to the back of Hermione’s mind as she thought of the day the letters had been found. For a year and a half, they had thought Snape to be a Death Eater. For a year and a half, he had been hunted.

Six months ago, the letters had appeared.

The Ministry had finally worn down the goblins, and Snape’s Gringotts vault had been opened.

There was no money. Merely a bundle of letters.

Snape was innocent. He’d had the proof. And he’d done nothing.

---

Hermione had always held on to a shred of hope. A hope that one day, the professor she respected above all others would be redeemed.

She’d seen it in his eyes.

A year ago, the Order had found a group of Death Eaters at a raid. Hermione had recognized him immediately. No mask could hide his physical presence.

They’d dueled. His mask had come off.

He’d allowed her to win.

She’d seen the pain in his eyes. And she had known he was not one of them.

She turned her attention back to Minerva’s discourse. Hermione couldn’t quite tell who was talking, Minerva or the brandy.

---

It was late. Hermione Apparated to Grimmauld Place, walking slowly through the corridor, trying not to wake the inhabitants. There was Remus and Tonks’ room on the right, Harry’s (and, quite discreetly, Ginny’s) on the left, there was Ron’s…

She saw a light on at the end of the hall.

It was his room.

“Severus?” she called softly. She walked along to the furthermost room, and barely peeked through the doorway. There was a light on in his bathroom.

She tip-toed through his room, illuminated in a dark, silvery mist. Charmed, she was sure.

The bathroom door was open.


Redemption & Brandy by lady_rhian [Reviews - 6]

>>

Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved