Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Eternal Love by JenKM1216 [Reviews - 28]


Would you like to submit a review?

Thank you ever so much to Southern_Witch_69 for her beta work on this. I accosted her on Yahoo and asked her if she would mind looking it.

This is my first attempt to write a story in drabble form. I hope you all appreciate my efforts. Please be warned, there are character deaths ahead.

As always, the characters belong to the lovely JKR.




Eternal Love



“Miss Granger,” Snape barked. She jumped, caught daydreaming in detention. “Legilimens,” he spat, catching her off-guard. He withdrew a moment later, looking at her sharply. “You are infatuated with me?” he asked icily.

She shivered slightly, face turning red, refusing to meet his eyes.

“Is that a yes?” he prodded. Grabbing her, he kissed her roughly. “Is this what you want--a man who is as harsh in love as he is in everything?”

“Yes,” she dared whisper.

“Then tell no one while you are a student. I will make you mine when you graduate,” he promised, eyes glittering dangerously.








He shuddered his release, and they lay in each other’s arms.

“So much for graduation,” she teased, playing with his hair.

He frowned. What had happened to his resolve? She was a student. The Severus Snape he knew would never risk everything for a woman.

As Hermione nibbled on his neck, he realized he threw caution to the wind because, for the first time, he felt hope—hope that he would one day be happy.

He rolled to face her, emotions long buried rising to the surface. “I’m not worth being with,” he said quietly.

“Yes,” she whispered, “you are.”








She looked into his eyes and said, “I can’t believe you killed him.”

“It had to be done,” he said sorrowfully.

She laid her cheek against his chest. “I love you, Severus,” she admitted softly. “I don’t want to lose you.”

His heartbeat quickened. “Hermione,” he breathed, arms wrapping around her. “I love you.”

“I’ll wait for you,” she reminded him.

Swallowing anguished emotions, he said, “I must go.”

Hermione sighed, tearing up. “I know.”

Drawing her close, he kissed her passionately, letting her feel his all-consuming love.

As she walked away, he cursed, “Damn you, Albus Dumbledore. Damn you.”








The Final Battle overwhelmed them. Severus knew the Golden Trio was in trouble as they approached the Dark Lord. Sensing his beloved’s death, he sped to Hermione’s side. Weasley was felled by the Killing Curse as he ran. Wand drawn, Voldemort hissed, “Sectumsempra!”

Severus leapt in front of Hermione, taking the hex in his chest.

“Traitor,” Voldemort screamed.

“No,” Hermione wailed.

Avada Kedavra!” Potter spat.

Severus lay on his back, bleeding profusely, as Hermione hovered over him, crying. “I’ll love you forever,” she said, kissing him gently.

“Forever,” he managed lovingly as his vision dimmed, and he fell eternally still.


Eternal Love by JenKM1216 [Reviews - 28]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved