Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

Drabbles, Drabbles, and More Drabbles – Round Fourteen by Pearle [Reviews - 15]


Would you like to submit a review?

Drabbles, Drabbles, and More Drabbles – Round Fourteen by Pearle

Sixteen 100 word drabbles in all, ranging from C/K to B/T (G to PG13) in rating and a variety of subjects.

Included is a continuation of the series drabble Choices - Chapters #30 to 40


Disclaimer: The characters, settings, etc. of the Harry Potter series are not mine they belong to J.K. Rowling and Co. I promise to return them when I am through. Well, most of them anyway.


Originally posted to hp100:


Title: Reality Is Only An Illusion
House: Slytherin
Words: 100
Rating: B / T ( PG13)
Challenge: Portkey Problems
Characters: Hermione/Severus


It was his birthday. No one should be alone on their birthday.

An owl, tapping at the window, startled him.

“Who the hell would be sending me a letter?”

He should’ve known better. Severus felt the tug behind his navel as he detached the letter.

He was standing in…a bedroom.

He barely had time to take in his surroundings when he noticed Hermione lying on the bed, wrapped in a silver bow, and nothing else.

“Granger?”

“Happy Birthday, Severus.”

“Please tell me you’re not the result of one too many Crucios.”

“I’m quite real.”

Severus smiled, even if she wasn’t…



Originally posted to grangersnape100:


Title: Of Course I Have A Sense Of Humor - I Keep It Here, In My Back Pocket
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: Pranks
Characters: Hermione, Severus, Minerva


Baffled, the Headmistress stared at the House Hourglasses.

“I don’t understand it. Not one of the points I awarded today registered. The only change seems to be deductions. You warded these against April fool’s jokes, didn’t you?”

Minerva glared at the newest member of her staff. “Of course I did. Who could possibly find the loss of house-points funny?”

“Headmistress. Professor Granger.”

Both witches turned and watched Severus Snape enter the Great Hall.

“You don’t think…?”

“He did seem happy. For him, anyway.”

Minerva shrugged. “I imagine it wouldn’t hurt to wait and see if the points correct themselves tomorrow.”



Title: Fred And Ginger? (Fred And Ginger – 1 of 4)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: Pranks/April Fools
Characters: Hermione/Severus
Authors Notes: The idea is based on a response I gave to closetravenclaw’s review of another drabble of mine. If you don’t like this mini series, you can blame her - however, you can thank both of us, if you do like them…*grin


A sudden hush fell over the Great Hall as the students and staff watched the spectacle before them.

A stunned Professor Granger was being waltzed past the house tables to the High table by a wavy, flowing-haired, brightly smiling Professor Snape, who was uncharacteristically wearing pale lilac robes edged in sea-foam green. Said odd-looking robes were twirling and flowing around the dancing couple in time to the orchestrated music that seemed to gently surround them.

“Professor…?”

His teeth actually sparkled as Severus hissed at the confused witch. “I will kill the Weasley twins when I get my hands on them.”



Title: The Sound of Music, And Something Else (Fred And Ginger – 2 of 4)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: Pranks/April Fools
Characters: Hermione/Severus


The odd couple twirled several times as the music reached its crescendo, before Severus dipped Hermione in time to the final notes. The sudden silence in the Great Hall was quickly replaced by thunderous applause and the sound of voices.

Slowly, Severus brought the startled witch to her feet. Still under the magic of the Weasley prank, he bowed deeply over Hermione’s hand before pulling her to him. This time, when he dipped the surprise witch, he, too, leaned forward and captured her lips in a searing kiss.

The Great Hall went silent again as those assembled witnessed their kiss.



Title: Not All Surprises Are Bad (Fred And Ginger – 3 of 4)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: Pranks/April Fools
Characters: Hermione/Severus


Even startled, Hermione reacted to the sensual kiss. Her arms rose to enfold the man holding her. One hand threaded through the lustrous mane of black hair, pulling him still closer. Her tongue darted out tentatively, seeking permission to explore the warm cavern of his mouth.

Severus moaned as he felt Hermione deepen the kiss. All thoughts of revenge faded, his surroundings fading away, as he held the enticing witch.

“That isn’t supposed to happen!” The new flying instructor was outraged, Ron’s face turning as red as his hair. “George said the git would make a complete fool of himself.”



Title: Transformation or A New Perception (Fred And Ginger – 4 of 4)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: Pranks/April Fools
Characters: Hermione/Severus


Reluctantly, the pair broke apart, Hermione breathless as she watched the transformation before her.

Severus’s robes were already fading in color, the lilac deepening to a rich purple before turning to black once again. His hair, too, lost it lustrous, wavy texture, returning to its limp natural state. His teeth no longer sparkled as he opened his mouth to speak.

“Professor Granger, I apologize. I can assure you…”

“Perhaps we can go somewhere more…private, and discuss this?” Smiling, Hermione reached for Severus’s arm, thinking his eyes still held an alluring intensity.

Ron stared open mouthed at the departing couple. “Hermione?”



A continuation of the series “Choices” – Previous chapters were posted as follows:
Round Nine #1-7
Round Ten #8-11
Round Eleven #12-15
Round Twelve #16-19
Round Thirteen #20-29



Title: Echoes of the Past (Choices # 30)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


Hermione sighed. “You want me to give you a chance? Funny how our words keep chasing themselves, isn’t that what I asked you to do?”

Severus held her hands, refusing to let go, refusing to let her go. He struggled to stop speaking, the veritaserum overriding his ability to edit his thoughts. “That day in the hospital, if I’d known I was going to survive…I wouldn’t have agreed to marry you. I was…delirious. I would have agreed to anything, at the time. It seemed the only way to …”

Hermione tried to pull away. “The only way to what, Severus?”



Title: Sometimes Truth Isn’t The Answer (Choices # 31)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


“I don’t mean it the way it sounds.”

“The only way to what, Severus?”

“The only way to shut you up,” he hissed. “You sat there, so solemnly tending my wounds. Applying potions to counteract the hexes, all the while quietly whispering in my ear to wake up. That you were waiting for me. That you would devote yourself to me, if I would just wake up.”

“You never cared.”

“I loved you too much to condemn you to a life with me, but you refused to listen.”

Knowing the veritaserum wouldn’t let him lie, Hermione pushed on. “And now?”



Title: Confessions in the Dark (Choices # 32)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


“And now? Now, I don’t want you to leave. I don’t know, maybe I didn’t believe you’d really go.” Wearily he dragged a hand through his hair.

“Is it your pride, or is it really me you want back?”

“I don’t know anymore.” No longer resisting, the words came out in a quiet monotone. “Sometimes I dream you’re still here. And then I wake up and I’m alone. Stephens managed to blow up three cauldrons in one period, and all I could think was – Hermione would tell me Longbottom was a master compared to this one. It’s you I’ve missed.”



Title: Still Slytherin After All (Choices # 33)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


Despite her churning emotions, Hermione laughed as she listened to Severus. “You’re right, Neville never did that much damage in a single period.”

Severus’s eyes softened. “That’s something else I miss, your laugh. I love you. I was a fool to let you throw your life away on an embittered ex-Death Eater, but the time for regretting that is passed. Do you really want our child to grow up without its’ mother and father?”

Hermione glared at him. “That’s not fair, and you know it!”

“I was wrong to push you away. I’m sorry, one chance, that’s all I’m asking.”



Title: And Now? (Choices # 34)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


Hermione sighed. She didn’t believe he deserved anything. She’d tried to talk to him time and time again during their marriage, but there comes a point when you just stop trying.

He’d dismissed her feelings with an idle wave of his hand, never trying to understand what made her so unhappy with her life.

And then, when she demanded he listen or she’d leave, when she’d finally had enough, he threw her out, vehemently, insisting she leave, for her own good.

Until he learned of the baby. Protectively, her hand moved to her stomach.

The movement did not go unnoticed.



Title: Further Consequence (Choices # 35)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


“Hermione…” Severus watched her intently, still clueless as to what else he could say to convince her to stay, or at least give him another chance.

“All right, Severus, you win,” she said wearily.

“You’ll stay?”

“No. But I’ll let you ‘court me’, as you so charmingly put it. I spoke with the witch that owns the house in Hogsmeade I looked at. She’s willing to rent to me on a month-to-month basis. That will do, for now.”

Severus nodded, his smile tight. At least she wasn’t shutting him out entirely. He still had some chance of changing her mind.



Title: Action and… (Choices # 36)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: G
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


He noticed the change in her expression immediately, not sure what it meant. “Are you all right?”

Coming to a decision, Hermione rose from the chair she’d been sitting in and moved next to him on the couch. Severus watched as she opened her robes part way to expose her stomach. Taking his hand, she gently placed it against her bare skin, quietly mumbling a spell he didn’t recognize.

“What…?”

“Shhh!”

They sat quietly for a moment, before he felt a slight movement beneath his hand.

“Is that the baby?” he asked in awe, suddenly finding it hard to speak.



Title: … and Reaction (Choices # 37)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus



Hermione smiled genuinely for the first time in a long time. “Yeah, it’s him. He’s usually a bit livelier in the evening, but lately he’s been making his presence known all day.”

Severus sat quietly; stunned as he felt the life he’d helped create. “When…when are you due?”

“Late November. Poppy said sometime around the 25th.”

Reluctantly, he allowed her to remove his hand, still too overwhelmed with emotion to do little more than sit there. His son. He felt his son moving.

Hermione gathered her things. “I’ll contact you in a few days, after I’m settled in.”

“You’re leaving?”



Title: For Every Action There Is An Equal And Opposite Reaction (Choices # 38)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


Hermione stood still, faltering under his glare. “I agreed to let you court me.”

Shakily, Severus ran a hand through his hair. “I know that’s what I asked, but that was before.”

“Before?”

“Damn it!” Angrily, Severus rose and started to pace. “I ‘courted’ you already. We did this already. I know I’ve been a bastard. I promise, I’ll change. But after feeling the baby…how can you just walk out?” He sat heavily on the couch, his anger suddenly spent.

“If I don’t, we’ll never work things out.” Gently, she kissed his cheek. “I’ll owl you when I’m settled in.”



Title: Leaving (Choices # 39)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


With an inner-strength she didn’t know she possessed, Hermione turned toward the door.

“All right, fine. I’ll walk you to Hogsmeade.”

“Severus, you don’t have to. I’m capable of getting back on my own.” She was still staying with Harry. The last thing Hermione wanted was a scene between the two.

“I won’t hex Potter, if that’s what you’re worried about,” he said, smirking.

The conversation was strained, as they moved along the path. Severus cast about his mind for topics before quietly asking what she planned to do about her Charms apprenticeship. Talking amicably, they soon reached Harry’s home.



Title: Moving On (Choices # 40)
Team: Death Eaters
Word Count: 100 words
Rating: C / K (G)
Challenge: #26 – Choices
Characters: Hermione/Severus


Severus looked around, not wanting to let Hermione go. “Potter’s living here?” he asked.

“He’s building a home in Godric’s Hollow. It won’t be done for another six months, so he’s living here until then.”

“Hermione…”

“Please, don’t. We can’t go through this every time I see you. I can’t take it.”

Severus nodded. “All right. I don’t want you lifting anything heavy. When are you moving?”

“I’ll let you know. Most likely in a week or two.”

“I…” Severus pulled her to him. Leaning forward, he captured her lips.

The kiss was bittersweet. Silently, he turned and walked away.



A/N: Just random scribblings over the last few weeks, hope you enjoyed them. ~Pearle




Drabbles, Drabbles, and More Drabbles – Round Fourteen by Pearle [Reviews - 15]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved