Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Challenge fics

King Me by emmakitty [Reviews - 54]


Would you like to submit a review?

King Me

Professor Severus Snape was sitting at the very end of the staff table this morning at breakfast. He was giving his worst possible glare to the young Arithmancy professor at the extreme other end of the table. However, the young professor seemed unfazed by his make-the-Hufflepuffs-tremble-in-their-boots-and-cry-themselves-to-sleep stare. She calmly sipped her pumpkin juice and read the Daily Prophet.

How could the woman be so damnably serene? the Potions master thought. After two years of marriage, she could still get under his skin and irritate him like no one else could, yet he could never seem to do the same to her. And now she asks for this. Well, she was bloody well not going to get it. He was perfectly content with the way things were and there was no need to upset them now. Besides, what was the point? How could it possibly change anything?

Hermione could feel Severus’s glare coming from the other end of the table. He had no idea how much she wanted to laugh. He was trying to intimidate her. Well, he should know by now that she would not be intimidated. Or if she was, she wouldn’t let him know it. But really, was what she was asking for so difficult? They’d been married for two years now and never . . . well it was just something that normal couples did and why couldn’t they? The Dark Lord was dead and had been for some time, Severus had nothing to fear from anyone, except the students, but all he had to do was give them a variation of the leave-the-Gryffindors-snivelling glare and no one would say one word about it to him. Yes, she was definitely in the right and she would not back down until he acquiesced.

Why did everything have to change? Severus had been content in his bachelorhood until she had come along. Now he was married. And quite happily, at that, not that he would ever be a gushing newlywed husband, but he was happily content waking up next to Hermione every morning, particularly after she had exhausted him the night before. But according to her, there would be no more of that until she got what she wanted. Well, he had lived celibate for several years in the past and he could do it again. Maybe.

Hermione munched her toast in quiet determination. No matter what, no matter how he looked at her, what he said, what he did, her robes were staying on. Not until he gave her what she wanted. She had lived without sex for the first 20 years of her life and she could for the next twenty if she had to. Well, maybe.

Severus glared at her again. She was now eating toast. Eating toast!! While he was fuming. Well, if she could be this calm, so could he. He took a long drink of coffee and suddenly it hit him that she was serious; he was not going to get any until she got what she wanted. He slammed the mug down on the table, sloshing coffee everywhere and causing several teachers and most of the students to look at him.

“Dammit, Hermione!” he said and quickly left his seat, striding to the middle of the dais on which the head table sat. “Is this what you want from me?! Is this really what you want?”

Hermione smiled and nodded, coming to his side. “It’s all I want, for now.”

Severus took her in his arms caressed her cheek before bringing his lips gently to hers in a soft kiss that Hermione quickly deepened, flicking her tongue along his lips.

“Are you happy now?” Severus whispered when she pulled away.

“Quite,” said Hermione. She then whispered quietly, “Please make a batch of Contraceptus potion during your free period.”

Snape smirked and nodded. Then he turned his attention to the dumbfounded students.

“Well, what are you all staring at?” he snapped. “Haven’t you ever seen a man kiss his wife in public for the first time before?”

THE END

A/N: Whew! That was quick! It was for the 20 minute challenge at WIKTT, but the idea has been with me for a bit now. Hope you liked it; please review!


King Me by emmakitty [Reviews - 54]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved