Home | Members | Help | Submission Rules | Log In |
Recently Added | Categories | Titles | Completed Fics | Random Fic | Search | Top Fictions
Ficlets & Drabbles

So Like A Rose by Madam Torsion [Reviews - 6]


Would you like to submit a review?

"I loved you, you know," she said quietly, not really expecting a response. She sighed and started pacing again. "I still do."

Nothing but a dead silence answered her words. The only sounds were her pacing and an occasional sob. She sighed again, running her hands over her bushy hair. She didn't know what to do or say anymore.

She looked up at the clear night sky where the stars were shining brightly. She vaguely heard the lapping waters of the lake and the rustling of the leaves from the Forbidden Forest in the light breeze.

"Hermione," an aged voice whispered softly. She slowly lifter her head and turned around to face the Headmaster.

"Professor Dumbledore," she answered in greeting.

"There's no changing it, my dear, why don't you come in from the cold?"

"I will, sir, just give me a few more minutes. I'm not ready to leave yet." He nodded and returned to the castle. Hermione watched him go until resuming her former occupation of pacing. "Why did you do it?" She whispered into the darkness. She kneeled down and traced her fingers over his name. "It wasn't supposed to happen like this," she sobbed. "It was too soon, we were supposed to be here forever."

She was angry now, the rage seeped into her formerly calm voice. "It wasn't your fault, love, it was never was. You made it your own." She let out an exasperated breath and looked up at the stars. "Even in death you can irritate me," she said with a bitterness not suited to her age. "Even in death you can make me love you more," Hermione choked out, fresh tears pouring down her face. She kissed the cool stone and nuzzled her cheek against it. "You insufferable git," she whispered, the ghost of a smile on her pale features.

Sobs wracked her small frame. She sank down to the damp earth, not caring that she was ruining her winter cloak. "Severus, you weren't supposed to leave me!" She screamed at the tombstone, as if she could make it defend, or explain, her husband's actions. For once all she wanted was to hear him call her a 'silly girl' and scold her for laying in the wet grass in the middle of the night.

Hermione lay in the grass long after she stopped crying. Every once in a while a shuddering sigh would come out. When she could no longer feel her extremities she took a deep breath and sat up. Hermione kissed the grave marker one last time and made her way back to the castle.


So Like A Rose by Madam Torsion [Reviews - 6]


Disclaimers
Terms of Use
Credits

Ashwinder
A Severus Snape/Hermione Granger archive in the Harry Potter universe

Copyright © 2003-2019 Sycophant Hex
All rights reserved