Dannoedd: One

by shuldham

Disclaimer: All publicly recognisable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. In other words, I don’t own J.K.R.’s characters. Please don’t sue me; I’m not worth it anyway. Once I’m done, I’ll buy them dinner, several good bottles of wine and put them back where I found them.

A/N. This story is set some time after DH. Snape is not dead. It is another outing into my Tylwyth Teg setting for our favorite pair. The only warning is for utter, complete and quite possibly tooth aching fluff. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

My thanks, as always, to simply the best beta mtnwmgirl





DANNOEDD

Severus sat rigidly in his chair, his face a facade of unconcerned indifference. With feigned casual ease, he sipped at the cup of tea in front of him. He would not, could not afford to reveal the slightest trace of his inner turmoil.

One slip of his mask and everything would be lost. The others, sitting here waiting with him would notice. He did not allow himself to think of the possible consequences of such a situation. He let his gaze travel idly around the room. No one had noticed his anxiety; he was safe.

A faint noise, harsh and high pitched, penetrated from the other room. His stomach lurched at what it might mean, at what might be happening. Calm, he must be calm and wait. Surely it could not go on for much longer.

Someone entered the room, and Severus looked up at the newcomer.

‘Ah, Severus, you’re here. Well, sorry to keep you waiting, but you know how thorough he likes to be.’ The newcomer listened for a moment to the noises from the next room, then added, ‘Sounds like it won’t be much longer though.’ The newcomer flashed a big wide conspiratorial grin at him.

Severus nodded; he couldn’t trust himself to speak. If she were harmed, he would disembowel him with Sectumsempra, inch by bloody inch. He would boil his brains slowly inside his own skull. He would…the door burst open, and Severus’ daughter flung herself into his arms wrapping her own arms around him. Standing in the doorway, watching, grinning, stood her torturer.

Severus stood up and took a step towards his doom. He stopped as his daughter tugged at his hand. He looked down.

‘Don’t worry, Daddy. Granddad won’t hurt you.’

‘Come on, Severus, your turn. Just a check up is it?’ Mr Granger asked, as he led his son-in-law to his fate.

Fin.



This story archived at: Ashwinder

http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=19918