Candlelight, Running, and Sparkly Shoes: Candlelight, Running, and Sparkly Shoes

by lux_astraea

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters. If I did, my name would be J.K. Rowling.

A/N: Credit to shalimar1981 for her beta work and getting it back to me so fast.






Hermione sighed in exasperation. She was late; she hated being late.

Severus is going to be so annoyed, she thought. No matter, I’ll make it up to him somehow.

It was hardly her fault she was running so behind. Four of her staff had come down with Dragon Pox, today of all days.

Tonight was the Annual Victory Ball, and she and Severus were going to go together.

As a couple.

Out in public.

For the very first time.

Slipping on her sparkly shoes, she checked the time once more. Shoot. Grabbing her bag, she ran out of the door.


~**~**~



He’d been annoyed, of course, but had gotten over it when she told him she’d ‘make it up to him’ with a saucy smile.

So, there they were, ‘together’ at the celebration. Only no one was making a fuss about their relationship like they thought would happen. Hermione didn’t understand, neither did Severus; they looked at each other, puzzled.

“Hey, ‘Mione,” Ron said.

“Um, hi.”

“If you two were wondering why everyone’s so Ok with your relationship,” he said, “It’s ‘cause Charlie saw you two snogging about a month back.”

He wandered off, a smile on his face. Job done.


~**~**~



They danced a little, still in shock from Ron’s news, and then moved to sit at a table in a far corner with only candles upon it. It was rather romantic.

“Well,” Hermione said, “that was sort of a let down.”

Severus looked at her.

“I was all fired up to be defensive and argumentative. I don’t know what to do with all the excess adrenaline running around my body now.”

He arched a brow and smirked, “I’m sure you can think of something.”

She grinned devilishly.

No one saw them leave, or if they did, they didn’t mention it.






This story archived at: Ashwinder

http://ashwinder.sycophanthex.com/viewstory.php?sid=16472